Does the night sky know everything?

Nakiri erina, owner of the god's tongue, continues to be famous in the food industry 8 years since graduation. But something had been bugging her that prevents her from sleeping lately.

I just can't get to sleep, I can't sleep tonight at all

Memories of a certain red head keep flashing into her mind when she tosses and turns in her sleep.

My thoughts are keeping me up

Maybe it is her punishment for treating him so harshly back then that he haunts her.

It's like the night sky knows everything

Erina could still remember clearly how she always treated him like the plebian she always saw him to be.

I couldn't show her kindness

She continually laughs at his failures again and again.

While she was crying

But over time, it tugged at her heart. How she wanted to comfort him, how she wanted to shout that his cooking was delicious. But her pride as a Nakiri wouldn't allow her .

"It's unfair, you know. I want to cry too," I thought

She was always ecstatic for no reason and wanted him to be expelled.

I was a bit cruel

She constantly shouted at him like he was trash, but she could always feel that tinge of regret when she sees his huge grin falter slightly.

My words were harsh, and now I'm regretting it

Its been 8 years. She wanted to see him again. To hug him and apologize for all her harsh words. To say that his cooking was delicious. To say that she loved him.

Took me long enough, huh... I'm sorry

Erina cried into her pillow. She couldn't sleep anyways.

I just can't get to sleep, I can't sleep tonight at all

But she never hated when she thought of that red head. The one that gave her constant sleepless nights.

My thoughts are keeping me up

She tosses and turns, dreaming and fantasizing on how he is like now.

All I do is toss and turn

And she remembers how he treated her as a friend, and how he always wanted to just impress her with his cooking. And she recalls how she gradually opened up to him slightly.

She's my precious friend, I've got to be open with her

She decided. She needs to talk to him. She doesn't care about those sleeplese nights anymore. They hold no value to the warmth she feels when she thinks of him. The rapid beating of her heart when she sees their graduation picture and glances over at the red head called Yukihira Souma.

I'll try speaking my mind, not just moping around

Suddenly it felt as clear as the night sky then, her feelings for Souma.

Ah, it's like the night sky knows everything about me... does it know?

Some time in third year, she already started to realise that she had that feeling for him, and she knew that Souma felt for her, even it was that slight amount. She read it all up from all the shoujo manga she read. But she constantly shuns him and argues with him.

Even though I know we love each other, sometimes we disagree

But thinking back, it was all her own fault, wanting to push him away to prevent him from ruining her reputation.