Prolouge

Scott and Mitch that's how they know them in the hospital. Not the hospital you go to when you're sick but the crazy place. Thats what the people at Mitch's school calls it. He hears voices everyday but takes his meds to "quiet them down". Sometime they work but when they don't he has to go to the hospital he hates everything about it there. Well almost everything. He hates how its always cold. He hates how they mistreat the patients. he hates how he has to take his meds by needle. He absolutely hates  everything about that place. But there is one thing about it. This thing could possibly change his hatred of the hospital into love. Its Scott. Scott and Mitch everyone knows about
Scott and Mitch the soulmates on hall 9. Scott doesn't have much family just his dad and baby sister. He was put in the hospital because of his bipolar disorder. His dad wasnt able to care for his sister and him especially with his disorder and the high cost of his meds. Scott loved when dad and sister would visit him. Loved. They stopped visiting him after he told them about Mitch he hoped for a better response but you cant get everything you want. Scott went into a deep dark hole of depression when they stopped seeing him it was hard for him being that they were practically the only family members of his. Mitch was the one and only person he told that his family stopped visiting him and why they did so. Mitch felt really bad for him so promised to himself and Rich that he would always be there for him no matter what.

Its been 4 years and Mitch still kept that promise. Mitch is now 16 and Scott is now 17. Mitch is currently out of the hospital but Jade is still there. His mental health is slowly deteriorating. Just because he's at a mental hospital doesn't that it helps him out. The environment of the hospital and being without the only person he calls family can really take a toll on someone no matter how many meds you take. Mitch still visits him. Mitch visit him very often. Mitch makes sure that every time he has free time that he goes to see Scott . His heart aches to see him get sadder and sadder each time he visits him. But today...today he is mess. Today is fathers day. Everyone at the hospital has their dads there visiting them. This sparks a chord in Scott and he is back in his deep dark hole of depression. Mitch is there looking at Scott while Scott twirls his thumbs in his lap. Scott usually does this if he nervous or uncomfortable or just sad. Mitch hated when he did this because he knew what wad going on in his head so he reaches out his hand across the table in a way to ask Scott to hold it. Scott looks up slowly at his hand and put his hand inside it.

"Want me to get you a snack?" Mitch asked hoping food would give Scott comfort.

"Sure. Can you get the peanuts?" Scott said softly.

Mitch smiled at him and got up to the vending machine to get their snack. He got two bags of peanuts and a soda. He knows Scott loves the roasted peanuts that was all they had for snacks at the hospital and they grew to love them. Mitch went back to his and Scott's table.

"Here you go." Mitch said while tossing over the bag of peanuts to Scott and sitting the soda down on the table.

"Thanks babe." Scott said sadly.

"You're welcome. Now talk to me." Mitch said urgently.

Scott took a deep breath "I need to get out of here." His voice began to crack. "If I stay here any longer im going to kill myself. I miss you, I need you." Tears began to come down Scott's face.

Mitch grabbed his hand and stroked his thumb over it. They sat in silence before Mitch jerked up, let go of Scott's hand, and leaned over closer to Scott to whisper in his ear. "What if we-"

He was cut off by a guard yelling. "Break it up you two." He yelled at Mitch and Scott.

Mitch looked over at guard and rolled his eyes and backed away from Scott .
"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" Mitch huffed. This made Scott smile. "What if we get you out here."

Scott looked up at Mitch slowly "What do you mean? Like for good?" Scott said.

Mitch sat up eagerly. "Yeah! You go get all your stuff; clothes, medicines, food that you have." Mitch eyes widened "The bank. Get the bank." Scott looked shocked when Mitch said this. "I park my car out in the back. You meet me out there. We go to my house I get all my stuff. Then we can go to the gas station and get snacks and gas. Then we leave and head to Alabama." When Mitch said Alabama Scott's whole face lit up. Scott and Mitch always ways talk about going to Alabama together but when they did it was more so a joke than a plan. Going to Alabama was a fantasy for them. Scott's grandmother was there. And he absolutely adored her his family lived with her before coming to Texas. Scott remember how he would always play in her hats and heels and how she let him put on "fashion shows" for her. Scott's parents weren't really fond of the fashion shows at all. Scott remembers them yelling at his grandma about it and her telling him that they wouldn't be able to do them anymore. It broke his heart but he understood. But since they have been in Texas he has always wanted to go back and see her. Plus he really wants Mitch and her to meet. But to Scott this sounded way to good to be true.

Scott took a breath and thought. "Okay, how much money do you have for this?"

Mitch looked up then back at Scott "I have $1,000 that I can get now, more when I'm 18. What about you?"

"Well you know I have the bank which $5,000. Are you sure I should bring it?" Scott said concerned.

Mitch look like Scott just killed his cat. "Yes! We are leaving for good. As in not coming back. Do you think your grandma will let us stay with her?"

"Of course! But I haven't seen her in while but... hopefully. And okay. But wait, if not we have enough money for a hotel. Are you sure we should do this?" Scott said sadly.

Mitch took Scott's hand. "This place isn't good for you. I see you get worse every time I come here. You need to get out of here. So yes I'm sure about this. Do you want to leave?" Mitch's voice got softer with each sentence.

"Yes. Okay so we are going to leave?" Scott said to make sure.

"Yes baby. We are going all the way this time." He smiled up at Scott and squeezed his hand. He knew that he was ready. He was ready to go off into the great unknown with the person he loves the most. Because this time they are in control and Mitch and Scott knew nothing was going to hurt them as long as they were together. They were ready to be stoned in paradise.