Sure Thing

Mitch sat outside in car tapping his fingers on the wheel nervously. It has been thirty minutes since he has parked. He thinks to himself: does he not want to come anymore, did someone catch him: is he hurt. He tries stops himself from thinking so negatively. He knows if he keeps thinking like this they will come back. He doesn't want them to come back so he tries to think more positively: he has a lot things to get :he probably needed to use the restroom: I'm just overthinking and nervous. He took deep breaths and he heard a door open. He looked over a saw Scott struggling to get his things out the door. Mitch smiled and got out the car to help him. He jogged over to him and grabbed a duffle bag and a tote bag then popped open the trunk and put everything in there. Scott can behind him and put the items in his hands in the trunk then closed it. Mitch went over to the driver and got in. Scott did the same on the passenger side. They both looked over at each other and smiled.

Mitch took a deep breath before speaking. "You ready?"

Scott smirked. "As ready as can be."

Mitch smiled and took Rich's hand. "Okay then let's get."

Scott smiled, let go of Jade's hand then turned to look out the window. He always did this. He loved looking at the scenes that passed by him.

Soon they were at Mitch's house. Scott has never been here but has always wanted to. He can barely remember what the inside of a house looked like because of all the years being stuck at that hospital. He was very eager to see what it looked like on the inside.

Mitch parked the car in the driveway and looked over to Scott. "Want to come in?"

Scott smiled and blushed while interpreting what Mitch had asked him in a different way. "I sure would honey."

Mitch smiled and rolled his eyes knowing what Scott was thinking "Come on" he said while getting out the car. Mitch knew his parents wouldn't be home so everything was clear. He went up to the door and fished for his key on his key chain filled with miscellaneous things. It was about two minutes before he finally found the key. He looked over at Scott. "Sorry 'bout that"

Scott just looked at him with that same smirk from the car. "It's all good"

Mitch unlocked the door and walked in before turning around and facing Scott. "Come on in my love."

Scott walked in and closed the door. He did a quick scope of the place before putting his hands on Mitch's  waist and kissing him. They kissed for a few minutes before breaking away breathlessly. Scott smiled. "Its been a long time since we've done that."

Mitch smiled and blushed. "Sure has. Way too long." He stood on his toes and pecked Scott's lips. "We." Peck. "Should." Peck. "Start." Peck "Packing." Mitch pecked Scott's lip one last time before turning around.

Scott huffed. "You are such a tease."

Mitch smiled. "Great. As I said we need to pack. Come with me to my room and you can help me."

Scott smirked then giggled. "Yes sir"

Mitch looked over at Scott. "Scott. Get your mind out the gutter. Okay? Help me get all my stuff. Just everything you think is necessary."

"Alrighty" Scott said before following Mitch into his room.

They finished packing and had everything by the door.

"So do we have everything?" Scott said to Mitch.

"Yeah, I think so. Let's go."

Scott opened the door and waited for Mitch to go out before coming out behind him. They had packed everything. And I mean everything. They had all of Scott's clothes, movies, books, diaries. Mitch didn't want to leave anything but sadly for him somethings he had to part with. Scott was surprised by how many clothes Mitch had. He knew Mitch had a love for fashion but wow he didn't think that much about it. Jade was kind and said that he and Scott could share clothes even though they are like three sizes apart. When they got everything into the car and got in their seats they took out their pill books. Mitch and Scott both have serious mental issues meaning serious medications. They took all their pills and were ready for everything to come.

Mitch drove to the QuikTrip gas station to get gas and food. He slowly but surely found a pump to park at then got out. Scott did the same.

"Hey you go get the food I can pump the gas." Scott said from across the car.

Mitch nodded. "Okay." Then went in the store. There were so many options. He decided on getting them two hot dogs, a bunch of chips, some drinks, and a map. He paid for everything and the gas then walked out the store with his bags. He saw Scott pumping the gas. So he went ahead and put the food and crap in the car. He sat down and waited for Scott to finish pumping the gas.

Scott got in the car and buckled his seat and took a deep breath. "We are really doing this huh?"

Mitch smiled at Scott. "Yes we really are. Do we need anything else?"

Scott thought for a second. "No, we're good. I'm going to highlight the route. Can I borrow your phone?"

Mitch started the car then handed Scott his phone. Mitch drove slowly out of the gas station while Scott searched up how to get to Alabama from Texas.

"Alrighty I'm all done. I highlighted the route on the map." Scott said tiredly.

"Thank you so much babe." Mitch smiled and continued the long silent drive.

About thirty minutes later Scott huffed. "Do you have any music?"

Jade looked at Scott completely shook. "Do I have any music? Who do you think I am?"

Scott smiled. "Right, right. Rephrased question: what music do you have?"

Mitch look down at the space between the armrest. "It's all in there. Every B2S album ever."

Scott was shocked. "Now we're cooking with grease." He popped in the newest Built To Spill album untethered moon and then came on all our songs. Scott only have two of there albums but they were still his favorite band.

Mitch was concentrated on the road and the music. He was tapping the beat of the song on the steering wheel while singing the lyrics. Scott saw how into the song so he blasted it. Soon they were all they were doing was shouting. Scott out in a different album one that he actually knew and turned the sound up even more.

"Its only a stab in a wet paper bag" They shouted in unison. They continued to sing until they heard sirens and saw flashing red and blue lights behind them. Scott quickly turned down the music and Mitch started to slow down his driving.