Leo and Jett

Leo sat on a bench at the front of the school. He had his backpack placed next to him and was debating with himself about whether or not to flirt with the many girls wandering around the school. Leo had a habit of hitting on girls, and he certainly wasn't going to break the habit just because he graduated from middle school and was now considered a "mature young adult." He huffed and pat his cheeks a few times, then slung his backpack over his shoulder and made his way towards a group of girls.

"Hey," he said casually when he approached the girls. He gave a quick wave and flashed a small smile.

"Oh, um, hi," replied one of the girls, surprised by Leo's sudden appearance.

"Are you sophomores by any chance? I'm a freshman, and I figured I should get to know my upperclassmen, and who better to get to know than you gorgeous bunch?" Leo's smile widened and he winked, two of the girls blushing at his compliment. "The name's Leo by the way. Pleasure to met you."

"N-Nice to meet you too!" said one of the girls who were blushing. "I'm Marissa! Yeah, we're sophomores. You don't look like a freshman though. You look pretty old for a freshman."

"Really?" Leo laughed. "Well thank you I guess. You look amazingly beautiful for a sophomore." Marissa's face turned an even brighter red and she looked down at the ground. One of the other girls narrowed her eyes at Leo.

"You sure are thirsty," she said.

"C-Carly!" said Marissa. "That was a bit rude don't you think?"

"Pfft, no." Carly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I can't believe you'd fall for this guy's sweet talk."

"Carly? That's a lovely name." Leo smiled at Carly, but was met with another glare.

"Pretty cliche pick-up line bud," said Carly. "Honestly, you're trying too hard. Pervert."

"Pervert?"

"Pervert."

"I am not a pervert."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Oh yes you are."

"How am I a--" Before Leo could finish, he was slapped on the back of the head. He turned around quickly to see who hit him, then frowned at the sight.

"What the hell was that for Jett?" asked Leo. Jett shrugged and adjusted his backpack, that same bored look on his face.

"Well stop hitting on every girl you see," scolded Jett. "Did you at least ask for directions?"

"About that . . ."

"Ugh. If only we still had the map."

"You're the one who lost it."

"Everyone makes mistakes." Jett cleared his throat and turned to the girls. "Sorry about him. We just need some directions to a classroom."

"Thank god," said Carly in relief. "you're not a player. So what classroom are you looking for?"

"F-9," said Jett and Leo at the same time. Carly, Marissa, and the other girls looked at the two boys, their mouths wide open.

"F-9?" asked Marissa. "Are you sure that's the class you have to go to? You didn't read your schedule wrong or anything?"

"No," answered Jett. The girls looked at each other, then back at the boys, then back at each other, then at the boys again.

"Are you sure?" asked Carly.

"I'm sure we're sure," replied Leo. Carly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I should've guessed a playboy like you would be in that class."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" questioned Leo.

"Can you tell us or not?" asked Jett.

"We can, but we won't."

"Why?"

"Well you're apparently some super talented prodigy right?" said Marissa sarcastically. "You know, since you're in that class? I'm sure you can find it on your own."

"If we were capable of finding it on our own," said Jett in annoyance, "we would have found it. So just tell us where the class is." Carly and Marissa didn't respond as they, along with their lackeys, stormed away from Jett and Leo. Jett scoffed and crossed his arms.

"Real fucking bitches, that bunch," he said.

"Ain't that the truth," agreed Leo. "Major turn off. Well whatever. We can find the class on our own."

"I guess. It'd be a lot easier if the school was smaller, or if Key was here."

"Yeah well Key's--"

"I know, so don't say it." Jett glared and went off to find F-9, Leo following beside him. Jett very rarely mentioned his longtime friend Key, and when he did mention him, he did not enjoy people bringing up Key's current situation . . .

_____________________________________

Jett and Leo eventually found F-9 but were a bit thrown off to only find a single student in the classroom hastily eating ramen out of a ramen cup.