Chapter 6

QOTD

Chapter 6I stride through the hallways , towards my locker

Chapter 6
I stride through the hallways , towards my locker. As I get my books for the first class, a pair of hands cover my eyes.
I yelp and slam my foot against his. The guy mutters profanities under his breath and examines his foot.

I turn around to meet with a familiar set of brown eyes and smile. Standing in front of me in all his glory is Jake Williams.

"Hey Stacy........ miss me?" He says with a wink.

"How would I miss someone I haven't even met?" I say playfully.

"Jake Williams, at your service..... your highness." He bows dramatically.

"I am truly sorry, but I don't recall anyone by that name."

"Let me remind you ........ I am Prince Charming to your Cinderella, Flynn to your rapunzel, beauty to your beast....." he says gesturing to his feet. I scowl at him and hit his shoulder.

"This has definitely proved that you are the beast! You still punch like a grizzly bear!"

I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows. "And how Mr. Jake Williams would you know that grizzly bears punch....?"

"Ummmm, discovery?"

This guy is hopeless. He hates everything and anything science. I swear he learnt that a channel called discovery existed only after I told him. Oh wait, you guys don't know him, do you?

Okay. He is my boyfriend.

Just kidding. He is my fake boyfriend. Since I was popular and all, I have to keep up my reputation and date someone. So that people know that I don't bat for the other team. I met during basketball tryouts. Yes, I play basketball and I am proud to say that I am the captain. We became friends easily as he is an easygoing and cheerful person. He is my second best friend after J and he knows bits and pieces of my past. So he agreed to be my fake boyfriend on one condition--- that if we fall in love with other people, we will tell each other first to avoid the drama. He is also a senior.

We pull in for a hug. We know that we are attracting attention.

"I really missed you, Stace." He whispers in my ear.

"Me too." I nod my head as my voice is muffled. He smiles against my shoulder and pulls back for a moment. He playfully pecks my lips and my eyes widen. I instinctively duck my head down as my face is beet red. He chuckles and turns to see the golden gang approaching us. The guys do the bro handshake and we girls kiss each other's cheeks.

"Started your PDA early in the morning , eh?" Andrea asks.

I just nod and don't answer her question.
"I would have totally banged Jake if he were not your boyfriend. Just saying...."Lara says and I give her a pointed look.

We turn around to see someone calling Andrea. He has black hair like me , but soft green eyes. Meet Zac Carter. The most popular guy of the school. He is a jerk and a player. NOT. He is actually a really sweet guy and is sensitive when it comes to girls. But the rumours say otherwise. Andrea and Zac are the 'it' couple of the school and I don't even know why. They do not suit each other at all. Andrea's eyes light up when she sees him . They hug each other and start on the road of a full make out session. Ugh...gag me.

Jake must have seen my expression because he laughs silently.

The bell rings and we immediately disperse. I internally groan when I realise it's chemistry. I hate chemistry. I mean why do we even need to know that atoms mate with each other, sorry 'bond' ?. It gets worse ...... we have an old man who hates teenagers as our teacher. As I entered class, I noticed green eyes sitting in the corner staring out of the window. Our eyes locked for a moment before I looked away and sat in the other corner of the classroom.

I start doodling in my notebook till Mr. Grumble came into the class. He glares at the class like we ruined his day and orders us to open the textbook. I must have dozed off at some part because I was woken up to the sound of the bell and chattering of people.

"Stacy, can you stay back for a minute."

Oh shit. Just because I have to keep up the bad girl image doesn't mean I plan on getting caught.

"I noticed you didn't pay attention in class and last year you didn't exactly score well in your exams. Do you find my class boring?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

"Yes. I mean, no...... its just that my dog peed on my bed, so I couldn't get enough sleep." I mentally face palmed myself as I don't even have a dog.

"------- arranged a tutor for you."

"Sorry, what?"

"I said , I don't want any of my students failing. So, I arranged a tutor for you."

"Wait, what ? "

"Are you deaf, miss Ryder?"

"No....... but who is it?"

"His name is Liam. He is a new student and he has got amazing grades in chemistry. He can help pull your grades up." He gestured behind me.

I turned around and my eyes widened in recognition as it connected with green ones.
-------------------------------------
Hey guys!!!!!!!!
We have reached a 100 reads!!!!!!!!! 'Does happy dance and a second later faints'
Anyway, sooooooo sorry for the late update. I had exams last month.
This chapter is dedicated to greenfirerocks for giving such lovely comments!!
Loads of Hershey's and mars.......