Adalaide

You don't have to move fast,
You don't even have to run.
The only thing you have to do,
Is keep on moving.
You can stop, only to appreciate
The view,
Or form a new path.
But don't you dare,
Ever,
Look back.
Because you can't undo,
What you did.
Keep on moving.

My name is Adalaide Violet

But you already know that.

Ever since I was five, I thrived to travel and explore, that's all I've ever dreamt of or known. I once told my mother I was gonna grow up and become an astronaut, so that I wouldn't miss a glimpse of the world itself. Not all the 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas, or our one universe. Nothing. I was the most determined 8 year old out there.

You would like to assume all 8 year olds were already planning there weddings, but don't worry, I definitely was. I was gonna marry "the one", on Plato. That was my favorite planet. Well, you know, my plan got destroyed within months after scientists stated "Pluto was not a planet." I was devastated, I mean what kind of person would want there wedding on the moon, or mars, or Jupiter, or Saturn? It had to be Plato, and only Plato. I don't really remember the rest of my devastating story, that's all my mother said I talked about.

I'm in high school now. My junior year. I study astronomy. My favorite constellation would have to be Polaris for sure. 430 light years away from me. Polaris is the brightest star out there, it's the easiest one to find. If you look closely right up at the moon, you will spot the Big Dipper, the side ways question mark. Then you will spot Polaris. Shining in all of its Augustness. It was so small. Small enough to fit into my 5 year old fingers. I loved that bright star. It reminded me of my father. He passed away when I was 6. He always told me, that I, was a version of Polaris. Just as bright, maybe even brighter. Of course I was a lot smaller. I was about 50 pounds. And thinking of how much bigger Polaris actually was, was compatible.

I have been raising up money for a trip around the world. I know that it's not space or anything, but it's still something I yearned for. And I was a determined 17 year old. I have been saving up ever since 6th grade. 5 years have passed and I have made 1 million dollars. Don't ask me how I did it. Because I'm not sure myself. I had gotten help of course, and saved up on holidays when I had gotten money. This is what I wanted and it's finally coming to me. I'm finally going to see the world. I'm going to make new friends! It's all going to be wonderful!

April 1st, 2016.
"MOM 7 MORE DAYS"!! I triumphed as I nearly tumbled off of the stairs.

"I KNOW SWEETY! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED!" My mother said as we hugged and jumped together on the cold kitchen tile.

"THATS AROUND 168 HOURS! WHICH WOULD BE AROUND 10,080 MINUTES!!! I WANT TO PACK ALREADY."
I said, remembering the math I calculated early this morning.

"Are you sure you would rather just drop school and become Albert Einstein for heavens sakes." My mother laughed.

"I already calculated it this morning mother, I'm not that smart." I said laughing at her outrageous remark.

"Smart enough to remember it." We both laughed.

"So."- my mother said, changing the subject.-"I was thinking."

"Yes?" I said questioning her.

"Maybe we could do a little shopping, you know. Before your trip.?"

"I would love too mom!" I said. "When?"

"Hmm." She thought out loudly.
"How about tomorrow at 1:00?"

"That sounds amazing. Thank you mom, I better go get ready for school. Last day until spring break!" I said walking backwards to my room.

I went back into my bedroom and took off my robe. I put on black skinny jeans and a black long sleeve T shirt with a low v-neck and my blue rain boots

 I put on black skinny jeans and a black long sleeve T shirt with a low v-neck and my blue rain boots

Authors note: who doesn't love shopping???
Shirt: brandy Melville - Caprece Bodysuit- $24.00
Shoes: Asos-  $126.50

Then I made my way to the bathroom and put on some concealer, powder, highlighter, and mascara, along with touching up my brows. Then I left my hair wavy.

I made my way out to my car and drove to my school, playing music softly so I could study for my test in 4th period.

The whole day I could not focus, I just wanted to leave already.
7 students, or "travelers", came from different countries and we were all meeting up at Canada. If I remember right, there was 4 boys and 3 girls. I  from Chicago, Illinois. So I'll be on a plane for about 9 hours. Joy.

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry that was so short and bad! I just wanted to have one actual chapter in my book!!! Comment ideas! I'd love to here them, if love to hear any of your comments and please star if you like it! Feel free too even if you don't!:)