the watch

It was a bright summer morning with birds chirping around Arslan's bed. He had just realised, what had happened.

Yesterday was one of the worst day of his life. He had lost his job. He had worked as a house help for the King. He inherited this job from his father who had died asking him to serve the king with his life. He was 15 years old then.
He always loved to work for the King ,he treated him well and he got to live inside the Fort. But yesterday had been a disaster, he had spilled hot curry on the Prince. To which the prince had moaned in pain and he was kicked out of the job. What was he to do now. He had admired the outside world but was too afraid to leave his comfortable life at the Castle. So today he decided to look for work.

After looking for hours and hours he could not find work, just a damaged old pocket watch beside the bed which a Britisher must have dropped.

He started tingling with the watch, when he moved the hands backward to his surprise his surroundings changed and he was in the castle again holding the curry which he thoroughly remembered to have dropped. He could feel the wait of watch in his turban, thus realising what he had done, he had somehow been able to travel back in time. This time without making a mistake he delivered the curry.

After seeing the world he stayed in and served the Royal family till he became old. Whenever he made a mistake he would use the watch but always lost something like the gold necklace given by the king or the girl he had loved always something as precious as the thing he had saved. before dying he realised he had not done anything with his life. He wanted to go out but his body won't move, and he closed his eyes on his death bed only thinking if he had not traveled back in time.

After a few minutes he opened his eyes it was a bright summer morning with birds chirping around Arslan's bed. He realised he had never traveled back in time and now he did not want to because he wanted to achieve something in his life and that cannot be achieved in the comfort of the castle without any risks.