Memories | Chapter 1

[This will be in third person point of view, enjoy! ~Quiet 🐾]
~*~
Jerome woke up to a big CLANG, he looked up to see his armor had fallen over, he lazily got out of bed placing it back on his stand. Somehow Mitch didn't move a muscle in his sleep, he slept perfectly fine in his bed the only movement he made was his chest moving up and down slowly indicating he was asleep.

Jerome sighed rolling his eyes, jealous at his how easily Mitch slept, he chuckled remembering the first time they met, practically the same situation...

**FLASHBACK**
Each guard stood in front of the commander their hands kept behind their back their posture straight in a respective manner. No words were spoken but the heavy footsteps of the commander's boots thudding against the ground. That silence was soon broken with the heavy sounds of panting as well as quick steps, the commander turned his attention to a young boy, not older than 13 his intimidating glare practically making the boy completely silent the only sound were his light pants that he attempted to lower.
"And where were you?" The commander spoke loudly, his voice rough and deep.
"I apologize sir! I slept in sir!" The boy apologized though he broke into a slight sweat realizing he may have said too many 'sirs'.
"Very well, line up with the others!" The commander growled. The boy did as instructed, imitating the straight posture though he was quite younger compared to the others except for another young boy. The boy had quite long smooth brown hair and dark brown eyes, that were intimidating, yet had a sense of care and comfort. He also had a pair of ears and a tail to match.
[Now Mitch's Pov cause' I'm too lazy to change it!]
I couldn't help but compare myself to him, I looked like trash, my hair was sticking in all directions, bags were under my eyes, I was pale and skinny though the armor still felt tight, all in all it wasn't very comfortable. Before I realized I was staring the commander snapped me out with a harsh yet playful tone.
"What? Do you have the hots for this young man?" He said pointing to the boy, I blushed in embarrassment shaking my head vigorously.
"N-no sir!" I replied.
"Good, now focus cadet!" He said focusing on the others once more with a sigh of relief I looked away embarrassed.
"Hey don't worry, he's always like this to newbies." The boy whispered slightly startling me.
"Really? Cause' that was probably the most embarrassing moment in my life ever!" I whispered back. The boy laughed, a cute one, no homo, it's just you can already tell the girls swoon over him.
"Don't worry about it, he will most likely make more.." The boy added.
"Oh- wait what?!" I whisper-shouted back though he couldn't respond as the commander called me up.
"Since you were late, and were swooning over this young man you'll be the first up for training!" I slightly rubbed the back of my head sheepishly before nodding.
"You'll be going against one of my top students!" The commander practically shouted calling someone up. "Cilence!" A... girl?! Walked up, her hands remained behind her back giving a respective nod to the commander before turning to me. It was quite uncommon for a girl to have a fighting soul, but at the same time it isn't impossible or rare. The girl 'Cilence' whispered something to the commander causing him to sigh as he shouted another name. "Quiet!" He shouted as another girl came groaning in annoyance. "This will be a tag team battle! Considering you've met Jerome, he'll be your partner." The commander stated as 'Jerome' walked towards me. The girls murmured a few things to each other, most likely swooning over Jerome. The one with that was called first walked up with a smug smirk.
"I'll take the noobie." The girl volunteered as the commander nodded in agreement.
"Get out your weapons and the battle shall began, remember I want fair game!" The commander though the girl gave a defiant look but shrugged as she took out a bow, this will be easy. I took out my axe, let the battle begin. The girl just stood there allowing me to go first as I ran towards her, she simply stepped aside as if I was just some bull. I growled swinging my axe around though it caught her bow leaving a mark, she's pretty mad now. She got a shot ready to shoot, does she really think I'm that slow? She shot as I hit it off with my axe, she must have something up her sleeve! Before I could get another good attack in, she, she disappeared! I looked around though I was pushed down something against my neck and something pointed against my back, well... I found her. Her bow was tight across my neck and her arrow pretty sharp, she kept the smug smile before the commander said she had won. She let go of me as I dropped to the floor, it took a bit to get my breathing steady though it was manageable I decided to tag out, for now anyways. Jerome walked up as well as the other girl with the cloak, each of them had a smile that looked as if they've battled before.
"Round Two!" The commander shouted as they took out their weapons. Funny enough, Jerome took out a bow as the girl got out... daggers? She waved her hand in a 'Come at me.' motion, and there he goes he practically blasted off. She dodged pretty swiftly as she tried to get a good hit on his bow he kicked her off, ouch. She stomped her foot to the ground getting a tough grip as dust started around her. She stood dusting herself off before running towards Mitch again a lot quicker. She got a nip at his bow but by then he already had it ready for shooting. He shot it as she dodged, she looked as if she was dancing before she threw a dagger at his bow knocking it out of his hand. A bit of panic was seen on Mitch's face though instead he ran straight at her. What is he doing?! He took a golden sword from seemingly nowhere as he struck Quiet's dagger making a big...
CLANK
She tripped him running to get her other dagger though he grabbed her foot causing her to fall inches away she tried to kick him off but failed as she attempted to grab it. He ran to it kicking his bow in the air grabbing his bow and her dagger. She growled as she attempted to pin him, she successfully pushed him against the wall her dagger against his neck though he had her other dagger at her chest. The commander declared this a tie. They both groaned in annoyance as they came back, I guess the girls won. They each had a smug smirk on their faces as they walked over my ears went flat as a gave a small glare. "Sore losers?" The girl with the cloak laughed. "It was fair game, I mean you are "new." Sooo, names Quiet.
What people call me, besides Silent." She held out her hand which I reluctantly shook.
"You already know me." The other girls said but nonetheless shook my hand.
"My names Mitch." I greeted before looking at everyone remembering their names. They laughed, I think I've found a new group of friends...

~*~
[Long yet short XD Anyways, hope you enjoyed!]
~Quiet🐾