Calm and collected...

"Taichi and Koushiro are dating," Miyako said calmly, as the blue-haired boy opposite her took her bishop. He didn't show any sign of acknowledgement.

"Check," was his only response.

"Did you hear me, Ken? They're actually dating. I didn't think either of them had it in them," she said, her inflection making her satisfaction at this knowledge clear to the boy despite his concentration on the game. After a pause, he looked up at her.

"Yes, I've suspected that for quite some time," he said with a shrug, toying with her lost chess piece, "your turn."

She didn't move.

He looked up at her, to meet her incredulous gaze. He sighed.

"For months now, they've been the first to arrive and the last to leave any time we meet up as a group. When we run into them in town, they're together. When you call Koushiro, they're together. He goes to all of Tai's soccer practices and Tai hangs around when Koushiro stays late in the tech lab. It's not exactly rocket science, Miyako, is it? And that's not even mentioning what Tai did to his hair a couple months back..."

"I assumed that he'd lost a bet or something... thank goodness he's dyed it back," she countered, "But they were like that long before they were a couple. Before we even knew them."

"It's been much more obvious lately."

"How so?" she raised her eyebrow at him.

"Just little things, nothing very specific, they try to cover it up. But I am surprised you hadn't picked up on it. Love is supposed to be your speciality, right?"

Miyako glared at him and made her move. Ken laughed and moved his queen.

"Checkmate. Another game?"