Oracle

"Hey Irena can you come hang out at the grill tonight?" my friend Kylie says. "Sure, what time?" "7 o'clock" I grin, I love chilling at the grill and Ky knows it. I go home and get my wallet out of my bag and put it in my purse. I grab a handful of chips and go into the living room. My parents aren't home, there is a crisp silence in my home. I turn on the TV and flip through the channels and put on Lifetime. I sit there for a while just thinking about what a wonderful life I have. Then it happens. My mind flashes into the future and I watch my best friend Ky getting attacked by an old dirty looking man by the grill. I watch as he is striking her and pulling down her pants. No this can't be happening, I try to stop it but I am just there watching helplessly as Ky is bleeding out onto the snow. Then I am back on my couch again. What just happened? I call Ky.

"Hello?"

"Ky oh my god are you okay?"

"What are you talking about I'm fine... I'm on my way to the grill hurry up."

"Wait Ky!-"

The phone disconnects. I run outside and start the engine to my pale pink Cadillac and race to the grill. As I get there I know I am too late. I see Ky laying face first on the ground bleeding out. I call 911. "Ky? Ky! Can you hear me? Listen to me you're going to be okay I called the ambulance you'll be alright." She is just laying there not moving. The ambulance get there. I watch as Ky is put onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. Police are talking to me, looking for bystanders. "Ma'am how did this happen?" a police officer asks me. But it's too distant, I can't understand. How did I see what was going to happen to Ky right before it happened? What am I? "Miss you are going to have to come back to the station with us, we have a few questions to ask you." I shakily nod and follow them to the police station.