Father's story

I sit on my dad's lap looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"Daddy tell me one more story!"

"Only one more dear."

It went a little like this....

Once Upon a time there was a young gorgeous Prince. He had grown up to fear the silver-eyed Oracles that had filled his Kingdom. They were harmless, but his family wanted to hide from the future, not fear for It to come. But one day he found a beautiful young girl-- with silver eyes may I add-- that had found her way into his heart. He loved her and got engaged after long chats and picnics in the forest. When finally one day she had came to him.

"Husband, I have grave news to tell you."

He knew what was coming next. His silver-eyed wife knew the future and he knew that this is not any news he was willing to hear. So he looked at her and started tearing up. He turned back to his work and ignored her. But soon her fears came true. The Prince had been attacked by a terrible creature. He knew the minute it happened that this was what she had seen. When he had healed from the attack he broke up with his wife. He had believed she wanted that to happen to him. Because he was not an oracle he never understood that no matter how they try, they can't do anything to stop it. He thought she could control it, but she couldn't. She tried so hard, but he got attacked anyway and blamed it on her.