Prologue-Metemorphosis

Prologue-Metamorphosis

Just a average day, with an average girl, at an average school. Or was it?

"Why did this happen to me?!" I shouted at the thunder roaring in the sky, as the rain, almost drowning me, fell on my head. It all started this morning.

*earlier in the morning*

"Ah this is going to be a great day." I said as I sat up in my bed, still trying to wake up. Then I noticed that my feet weren't at the bottom of my bed, and they were at the edge of my pillow. They were really small,and as I studied them more I noticed that they had three little claws instead of toes, sticking out of the blanket.

"CAW!" I tried to scream but it was just a bird noise. I looked at my arms they were covered in long, but soft feathers!

"CAW!" I tried to scream again, this time waking up my sister. she looked around the room and then at my bed. she noticed that I wasn't there but a bird was instead. she screamed and my mom came running in the room. this wasn't good at all for me. you see, my mother hates birds with a passion, so I was in grave danger right then.

"What's wrong Mindy?" she asked. my sister sat there silent, pointing at me with a half scared half curious look on her face. my mother slowly turned her head. then she screamed at the top of her lungs. I just sat there shaking in fear of what was going to happen to me. suddenly after being lost in my thoughts I noticed that she was gone.

"Well, that was a relief!" I thought, but noticed that I had too soon.WOOSH!! she had a broom and was trying to hit me with it!! WOOSH!!WOOSH!! I got hit. my wing was bent weird and I was a little dizzy but I got back on track.

"GET OUT OF HERE YOU STUPID BIRD!" she was yelling. she hit me again knocking the wind out of me. I fell to the ground in shock. my heart was beating like a drum getting louder and louder as she walked toward me.

"Scram!" she yelled. I couldn't move.

"GET! GET!" she screamed I still didn't move. she opened the window, picked me up and threw me out side, but I wasn't falling fast though, it was as if a gentle hand caught me and ever so lightly laid me on the ground. I flew up and looked around.

"What am I going to do?" I wondered."Everything is too big and I am too small" I thought with anger in every word. I went to the glass sliding door and saw my reflection. it startled me.

"What am I!?" I wondered. my once, creamy completioned face was now a tiny, almost triangular, lump of what looked like the midnight sky, with these tiny beady eyes staring back at me. my body was outlined with a harsh black line from head to... claw, but as I turned to the side I saw that my wings were lined with radiant rose and golden feathers. I was amazed of how ugly I looked from the front but then once I turned to the side, it was like onyx. I hopped away from the door, and began to hunt for an exit. After about three seconds the ground began to shake. I slowly turned and saw a high beast. I was petrified.