Chapter 1 An Unexpected Friend

Chapter 1

An Unexpected Friend

"Oh did I frighten you?" said the beast. I couldn't believe it, the beast could talk and wasn't going to rip me to shreds.

"My name is muffin and I just--"

"Wait your name is Tucker" I cut him off.

"Yes, I live in this house." he said. this was amazing I could finally talk to my dog and know what he was saying."So how come you can hear me?" I asked. "Only other animals can hear you, and to humans, well all they hear is bird noises." He replied.

"Well Tucker, I'm Scarlet I was the older girl that lives in this house too." I told him. "I'm also the one that you sleep on each night..." I thought."Wait, then why are you a bird?" He said looking confused."I got turned into a bird and now I need to change back before my mom kills me, or I die out here."

"Well then you need to see the wise elder." he said.

"Who is that?"

"He is the grumpy old man that lives beside us." he explained. as those words came out of his mouth, I was scared, because I knew the terrible things he had done to me and my family in the past."How is the wise elder nice to animals when he is horribly rude to people?" I asked.

"Well, he can tell if your a born animal or if you were cursed, or changed into an animal like you." "But how does he know?" "His senses tell him, also you don't smell like a bird you still smell human." right as I was about to ask him how to get to the elder my dad let him inside. He then ran inside excitedly, Jumping up and down. "Oh great, now what am I going to do!" I cried. " I am too small, and don't know how to fly."