Chapter 16

Christmas came very fast this year. It was a week before Remus and I would head home for Christmas. I was so excited.

I woke that morning to the sounds of banging on the door. I got up, messy hair and all, and answered the door.

Remus stood in the doorway. I heard a small, quiet shriek as one of the girls freaked out about a boy and professor being in the room.

"R-, Dad, what are you doing here?" I said quietly.

"We need to talk." Remus said.

"Alright, what is it?" I said, hands on my hips.

"Not here." Remus said. "Get dressed and come to my office."

"Fine, now get out!" I said. I closed the door in Remus's face and looked back at the other girls in my room. Everyone was awake, and Hermione was looking at me with a strange look. Well, as I looked around, Parvati, Ginny, and Lavender were also staring at me.

"Why was your Dad in here?" Parvati said angrily.

"I don't know, but I need to go." I said, grabbing my robes out of my trunk. I left the room and ran down the stairs. I got dressed in the bathroom and left the tower.

As soon as I left the portrait, I ran into somebody, since I wasn't looking where I was going.

All the things he was holding fell, and I dropped to pick them up.

"I am so sorry." I said. I looked up and saw Draco. He held out his hand and helped me up. I took it and he pulled me up.

"So Lupin, what's got you out here so early?" He said quietly.

"I know you call me Rhea. Just call me Rhea." I said. I looked down and realized Draco hadn't let go of my hand. I smiled as I looked up.

The Fat Lady cleared her throat and said. "He's been here for hours. If you don't mind I would appreciate it if you left."

I nodded and led Malfoy off.

"Oh, and don't start snogging! It's too early in the morning for the drama to start." The Fat Lady said. I blushed and looked back at Malfoy.

We got a good distance away from the tower and said to Draco. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to walk you to your first class." He said.

"Well I need to go talk to my father." I said. "How about you walk me from the Great Hall after breakfast, since we both have Charms first."

"Sounds good to me." Draco said, a large smile on his face.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I rolled my eyes as I looked for the source. I saw a figure with red hair walking down the hall.

"What the hell does he want?" I said, very annoyed.

"What? Who are you talking about?" Draco said.

"Fred. He always knows where I am and always finds me when I'm alone. It's creepy and annoying." I said.

As the figure got closer, I knew it was Fred. He was walking fast, and had a look of anger on his face.

Fred was then close and ripped Draco from me. He pinned a whimpering Draco against the wall.

"Fred!" I screamed. That did nothing, and Fred just tightened his grip on Malfoy.

"How dare you!" Fred shouted at him. "How dare you, you slimy git!"

"Fred let go of him!" I said, trying to pry Fred off of Draco. He wouldn't budge.

"W-what did I do?" Draco said, struggling to break free.