Close your eyes and jump-chapter two

Oh god, I knew who was behind us, and I really didn’t want to turn round and face them.

“Relax Amber; I was just giving Sadie a lift…” Redd said before putting his arm around her shoulders, a smirk written across her face.

“Oh, okay then, I didn’t want anything happening.” That’s right, act all innocent now Prince Charming is here, typical Amber.

“Fuck off.” I didn’t mean for that to be said out loud.

“What?” Redd looked confused and Amber looked like she would gladly knock every one of my teeth out.

“Nothing…” I mumbled under my breath as I walked away, I was happy to see the back of her, not so much of him.

-x-

“Sadie, hey, Sadie, wait up!” I could hear somebody calling after me as I ran down the hall way, but I didn’t want to face anybody, not now, not after all that.

I walked to the nearest empty classroom and sat on one of the desks, wiping my eyes. My cheek stung like a bitch and my stomach felt like everything had turned upside down.  I hated her, with a passion, and I would quite gladly run her down with a monster truck, but that will never happen, because she’s Amber, and I’m me.

“Sadie, come on…” One of my best friends Jay walked into the classroom I was in. I was never good at hiding.

“No, go away.” I hid my face in my hands and let my fringe fall over my hands. He sat down next to me and poked me in the arm.

“Sadie, are you okay?”

I mumbled something that you couldn’t make out then looked up at Jay and nodded slightly.

“Don’t lie to me.”

Why was I so easy to read? I hated that about me, sure, I could lie like hell, but my face said it all.

“Fine, I’m sick of Amber acting like a twat because Redd associated with me, once.” I shook my head lightly, getting my hair out of my face.

“Ignore her, she’s not even worth it.” Jay smiled, putting his arm around me. He was one of the few boys who didn’t find Amber attractive, or at least didn’t show it or go on about it every second of every day. “Just come back to the lunch hall, and make a scene of her?”

He knew me to well.

“Okay…” I sighed and hopped of the desk. We walked back into the bustling lunch hall, you could just about hear yourself think over the noise. When I walked in I noticed Amber glare over at me, as did all her little followers. I smirked and waved at her, which caused her to roll her eyes. Could’ve got a better reaction, but as long as it annoyed her.