Pilot

'I am normal.'

"S-stop it... If we get caught"

"Good, they'll finally know..."

'I am normal.'

"...that you belong to me"

'Perfectly normal.'

   "Morning!" Arin pounces at you the moment you step on campus grounds, causing you to drop your PSP. Luckily, someone catches it in time. You look up to find Allen.

   "Good morning" He greets.

   Your best friends, twins Allen and Arin. The former is your class' salutatorian and the student government treasurer. The latter is supposedly a genius with an IQ of 180 but lacks a lot in the field of common sense.

   The responsible little brother and the childish older sister...

   In anime, they are staples.

   As for you, you are the ordinary high school student who comes from an ordinary middle class family. Despite your procrastinating habits, you pull yourself together when necessary and manage to keep your place in the top ten.

   "Good morning" You smile brightly despite the heavy bags under your eyes. You turn off your device, making sure you saved your checkpoint.

   'I... am normal.'

   "Heeeey!" You turn to find Alfred and Matthew walking towards you.

   Alfred is the son of the president of a popular game company. When his soldier mother died, his father remarried a French-Canadian forest ranger and he ended up having Matthew for a brother. Both brothers are extremely popular with the school population, for different reasons. Alfred is captain of the football team and despite his loud and oblivious nature, is surprisingly book-smart. Matthew is a member of both the ice hockey and lacrosse teams, and is quite good with animals.

   You and Alfred share the same English class while Matthew is your Chemistry partner.

   "Good morning" Matthew smiles shyly as he and Alfred approach you.

   "Morning, guys" You greet with a yawn.

   "Yawning so early in the morning? Did you spend the night finishing that new game I gave you?" Alfred teased.

   You bite your lower lip and look away "Mhm..."

   'Normal. I am normal...'

   "...you can say that"

   'I was playing games, but not necessarily the one he's thinking.'

   Alfred cackled and patted your back "As expected of you!"

   "I don't know what you mean, but I'll take it as a compliment"

   He simply cackled and patted your back again.

   "Um..." You turn to look at Matthew.

   "What is it?"

   "I... I'm thinking of volunteering at this animal clinic. You said that you wanted to do something, too, right? I-if you want, we could go together after school and—"What'reyoumumblingabout,Mattie? We're going to that new arcade today!" Alfred cuts off his stepbrother and then turns to you "Right?"