chapter 1

Ashley's POV

Another day, walking alone in the depths of The shadow kingdom. I walk along the path near the border. I've always wanted to see what was in the light kingdom. I bet it's fascinating. Although, mother and father would never approve, considering that the light kingdom is  considered dangerous to us dark angels. I look over the other side of the border and see snow lightly falling from the sky. I sigh, wishing i could experience snow. It never snows in the shadow lands. I sit down right at the border and stick my hand out, feeling the small snow particles on my hand. I smile a small weak smile. I stand up and look around. Nobody is around. I hesitantly cross the border, entering the light kingdom. I feel the snowflakes fall onto my wings, letting the cold surround them. I slowly spin in a circle, taking in the full experience. This is amazing.

"I see a dark angel has crossed the border" I stop spinning as my eyes widen. I turn to the mysterious voice, and to my luck, it's an angel, not an angel of darkness, but a normal angel.

"I-I'm s-sorry" I stutter, I'm not big on talking to people. The angel chuckles and comes out from the shadows.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he says, sticking out his hand for me to shake. I hesitantly shake it. "so, why has an angel of darkness crossed the border" he asks, circling me.

"I just wanted to look at the snow" I look down at the floor, my wings slightly twitching from the cold.

"is that so" he walks behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. My breathing becomes heavy due to me being terrified. I feel his breathe on my neck.

"Preston, leave her alone" I hear another voice, this one with an accent. The boy i presume is Preston, let's go of me and walks to where the other voice was coming from.

"I was only messing around" Preston says, the other angel finally revealing himself from the shadows and walking towards me.

"I'm sorry about Preston, he was just fooling around. I'm Lachlan" he says extending his hand out. These angels are friendly, a little too friendly. When our hands touch, a feeling rushes through my hand. I quickly retract it. "may I ask your name" he says, trying to gain my attention.

"I'm Ashley" I say, looking at my hand. I small red line starting appear, I ignore the fact that it's burning and look back up at Lachlan. There's something about him that makes me attracted to him, but he's a normal angel. I'm an angel of darkness, we are supposed to be mortal enemies, and it needs to stay that way.