Chapter 1

I fall to the ground. There is only one thought running through my head.

BLOOD! 

It runs through my head like a chant.

I sprint to my bathroom to wash my hands.

There must be some reasonable explanation for this. I rack my brain for any reason I would have blood on my hands. Maybe it isn't blood I think to myself. I sniff my dirty hands . The potent scent of iron fills my nostrils. Ok , it's definitely blood. I wash my hands vigorously as I cry. I didn't drink and yet  I have no recollection over what had happened the previous night. When I finish washing my hands, I look at the mirror. My blonde hair is caked with  mud and there's blood  all over my face. I scream but fear that the neighbors will call the police or come over to check if I'm ok. I run to the front door, ducking under the windows and make sure the door was locked. My landlord has the keys I think to myself as I try to figure out a way  to ensure the door can't  be opened even by someone who has keys. I get a chair from my dining room and  position it against the white door. That should keep them out,I think. I add duct tape to the door for good measure. I take a deep breath. 

Am I being watched?

I close all the curtains but I still feel uncomfortable.

I look around and see a tall shadow on the wall. A squeal escapes my lips and my head whips to the side. I could have sworn I heard a click to my right. I shake my head to clear my thoughts and think of what to do next. I need to take a shower to calm down. I strip my sticky clothes and throw them on the tiled floor of my bathroom. I step into the steamy shower and let the hot water hit my body. The blood has dried a little so there are chunks of blood all over my body. I scrub them off my body using a soapy loofah. When my body is finally clean I throw the loofah into the trash can by my toilet.  I grab a pink towel and wrap it around my body. I tie my long hair into a high ponytail. 
"What happened?" I ask myself in exasperation. 

I don't understand how I can wake up with blood on my hands. I didn't drink any alcohol at the party. I don't drink anymore.I couldn't have something put into my drink because I'm always careful never to  leave my drink unattended. 

Everything is too much. I'm so confused and scared. What if I have really hurt someone? With the amount of blood on my body I'm sure that whoever I have hurt is either dead or on their deathbed. I fall to the ground, not because I pass out but because I feel .... broken. My innocence and purity have been stripped from me all in one day. Maybe you didn't hurt someone ,I think. Maybe someone killed someone and tried to frame you. I'm not convincing anyone. Who would want to frame me? 

An image flashes into my head. It's blurry but I can still make out a vaguely familiar face. A pair of hands are on a knife which is put on a girls throat. A tear slips through my closed eyelid. It has happened to me before, that I can't remember anything and an image  flashes into my head. Most of the time the images I see are later be explained when I find out what has happened but there are a handful of times when the images are distorted. They show what happened but with small details changed. I really hope this is one of those images.