Chapter 4

My options were clear.
I could either get Noah really drunk so that he wouldn't remember me or I could leave and risk him telling the police about my slightly suspicious behaviour. So I chose to get him drunk.And I'm already regretting it.I only ever drank heavily when I was still young and in college. I've only had one pomtini and I already feel drunk but there's no way that I can get Noah to drink if I don't.
The tequila arrives hastily and I decide it's best to get it over and done with. I take one of the shots in my hand and give the other to Noah. We take a shot. Then another. And another. On and on and on until I really have to pee and just shove his face away when he leans close and asks where I'm going. I walk to the bathroom on wobbly legs and barely make it to the stall before I start peeing. When I'm done, I walk out and hear somebody else peeing in the stall next to the one I was previously occupying.
"Pshhhhhhhhh," I say before giggling and strolling out of the bathroom.
I spot Noah, sitting alone, looking a bit distraught. He locks eyes with me and the cloudy look on his face instantly vanishes, instead being replaced by a wide smile.
I walk to the stool he is seated on and intend to sit down when he pulls me closer and puts his hands on my waist and I surprise myself by placing mine on his shoulders. We slowly sway to the soft beat of the music. Slowly but surely, he starts inching his way closer to me.
After a while, our faces only inches apart, he says softly
"Me karaoke you?" The words are slurred and the sentence doesn't make sense but the intent is clear. He wants to sing karaoke with me.
I take my hand off of his shoulder and ruffle his hair.
"Like I could say no to that," I say sarcastically.
I pay for the , unsurprisingly, hefty bill while listening to Noah tap an irregular beat on the dark, wooden bar.
Noah offered to pay the bill but I waved him off and told him that I was the one who ordered all the tequila. We rise from the chairs and stroll down the familiar street that seems ominous and scary at night. As if sensing my anxiety, he wraps his arm around my shoulder. After walking for a few minutes, we arrive at an apartment building that looks as though the person who designed it was drunk. He leads me to the front steps of the building. " Welcome to my humble abode," he says in a voice that sounds surprisingly sober.

Despite the protest of my brain, I enter the building, Noahs hand in mine.

A/N: That's it for this chapter! I know it's super short but I'm going to make the chapter at the karaoke bar long and if I put it here it would be too long:/  See you in the next a/n!
Readers: *cough we all know you're not going to update 'til 2020  *cough