The Monsters in your Home

Remember when you were small, when you would run up the stairs after turning the lights off because you thought the monster under the stairs would grab your ankles in the dark? But that was just childish nonsense, right? There wasn't actually a monster under the stairs, was there?
     Well, actually, there was. She collected spiders in the dark to keep them away from your room, and made sure you didn't trip on your way up.
     And remember when you thought that there was a monster under your bed that came out while you slept and watched you? Well that's just complete nonsense. Why would you ever think that? Of course he doesn't come out from under your bed while you sleep. Why on earth would he want to leave? He has all the bad dreams he could ever want to eat right there. He just has to make sure he gets them before they can get to you.
     And remember the monster in the closest? Yes, she was real too. She does get kind of annoying sometimes though. She's quite a neat freak and spends all of her time organizing your closet while you sleep. But sometimes, when she's hungry, she may eat one of your socks as a snack. Only one though, she'd never eat them both.
     So you see, monsters are real, but they're not as bad as society might lead you to believe. They're actually quite friendly. They would come up to you and thank you for allowing them to live in your house with you if they could, but they don't want to scare you, and they're actually very shy, so instead, they do all they can to help you out whenever they get the chance.