Chapter 11

Lucas POV
When I heard Maya screaming I ran into Rileys room, along with everyone else. Then she yelled all my secrets, everybody stared at me so I went outside, cold and embarrassed.

I felt Maya jump on my back, explaining the situation and that it was an accident.

Then I asked "We agreed on no more secrets right?"

"Y-Yea" she asked confused.

"Then why didnt you tell me about your tattoo.. the one near the bottom of your back.. and why didnt you tell me that you smoke? And why.. why are you cutting, if I cant!" I said while raising my voice.

She didnt say anything, she just hugged me, hiding her face against my chest. I broke Pancakes..

I didnt mean to upset her, she just hasnt been.. keeping her side of the deal..

Maya POV
I didn't know that he knew.. I was so focused on helping him and jeeping his secrets that.. I forgot to tell him mine..

I began to cry silently, saying "Lucas, I was going to tell you. I-I was still thinking of how to though.. y-youre kind of intimidating cowboy.."

I felt his arms wrap around me, and for the first time in a long long time i felt.. safe because of him..

I continued to cry silently into his chest and heard him say "Maya Im not mad.. It just hurt that you'd just tell someone things about me, that only you know about.. I didn't mean to upset you pancake." He said as he kisses the top of my head.

I tried to calm down, and jumped onto Lucas, wrapping my legs around him with my head on his shoulder. "Can you carry me home? Please.."

Without saying a word, he started walking in the direction of the house, carrying me.

"Ranger Rick.. The tattoo, is the date my dad left.." i said then nuzzled my face against his neck "A-And I only smoke when I am really really stressed out.. and I-Im cutting because.. b-because.. Im scared that if you get your own apartment that.. that you'll find someone else to talk to.. like a replacement best friend.."

After I finished Lucas stopped walking and set me down, looking at me. "Maya.. You're my best friend and my girlfriend. I could never replace that.. and I am sorry I overreacted back there.. I was just disappointed I guess"

I was freezing but was too nervous to ask for his jacket. I assumed he realized I was cold because he took his jacket off and put it on me.. making me blush

Later that night I woke up around 2am because of a nightmare.. I walked across the hall into Lucas' room, and saw that he fell asleep at his desk.

I walked over, gently waking him up and pulled him into the bed, snuggling against him.

"Maya you okay? Whats wrong?" Was all he said before falling back to sleep

The next morning I was still snuggled up against Lucas, with his arms around me. I realized he was already awake. "Morning Cowboy.."

"Morning Pancakes.." He said then looked at me "you okay? You normally dont come in my room in the middle of the night.."

I nodded and explained that I got scared.

Ranger Rick must really care about me if he is still worrying about last night..

"Why were you scared Maya?"

"I had a dream, that you left.." I said quietly, with my face nuzzled against his neck.

He sighed "Maya, I promise I wont leave you.. I care about you too much to do that.. I love you Maya.."

I practically froze, I held my breath, and I felt my heart stop beating for a second. He loves me..

"I-I love you too Sundance"