Did the river know?

It needs time for a rock to let go of the boulder and be one with the flow, if the river is not strong enough it will not move the old rock!

'Cause there was a slight movement...but the roots are so strong, that the stream of the river needs to make it's way inside.

But the river wasn't applying a constant pressure, and so the rock said to the river:.

-If I tell you to stop, you should stop, but if it's your desire to take me with you, maybe you shouldn't stop, it only depends on how badly you want it.

And the river stood there in silence...with only this to say:

- It's ok! 

Than the river took a slight turn and they were again on their course.

The rock was doing the only thing it knew, he hardened itself more just because it was afraid, but did the river know how scared the rock was to let go?

The rock was so afraid because it was so hard that it needed one insistent river to take it down. He knew the "danger" of letting go, because he did it once and it was magnificent how the river shaped the rock, but there was a dam on the way and they were forced to stop..., so the rock got to this point where he got stuck in an constant state of fear of letting go and an illusion that all is well. But did the river know??

So the rock knew the river was unstable in her stream, but maybe he liked that. The rock did not knew how to shape itself more, and so in his fear of losing her, he threw very small pieces of it just enough so the river would notice. But did the river know???

In a whispering blow the rock said to the river. 

- I am afraid to be hurt again, but your flow is so beautiful. It's so hard to let go that I got stuck along the way of solitude.

But did the river know????

That the rock needed time and help.

Maybe the river saw something in that rock. So the rock looked how the river flowed and was  afraid of it"s speed, but in that flow he saw something, something that he did not dare tell her. The rock saw the river's flow as something extraordinary, he could see the beauty and grace that the river had. And he could stare for a thousand years and more at that beauty. But will the rock let go?

The rock is afraid of the river uncertainty, because all he did was be there for her, side by side. Maybe that's how the river got a glimpse of the rock's beautiful interior, and he's ugly exterior. But did the rock know?

He aimed to look for the future that's why he got so stuck, because only from a stable point in life you can gaze for the future. But the huge cost is, that the rock forgot to live in the present, he forgot how to feel and how to live. This point in the rock's life gave him comfort, and stability....but was there space for love?

He made sure to always live a small "window" open so that someone persistent enough would be able to touch his soul to see the beauty that the rock had to offer. But did the river know?????

The rock had felt love before, and knew how it should feel. That is how the rock knew how to see the beauty in the river's flow, he was admiring her beauty from afar, with piercing gazes she would slowly touch him, in ways he did not know, in ways he did not felt before. That is why the river was afraid, that if he saw the beauty in her others did as well.

The rock also saw the rivers tears that made her into what she is, only he knew how she felt when all the tears fell from her eyes and gave her the strength to move forward, he admired her strength and courage and her willingness to show love, her empathy and her desire to feel everything there is to feel. He saw the life in her eyes, the life he was so afraid to feel and live it. He liked that about her and decided to tell her this.

But how can a rock tell a river his feelings when all he knew was sadness. Inside in his deepest desire maybe there was a chance, but the rock knew that he fought long and hard battles with his feelings and lost many times, that is why the rock is afraid, because if there comes another defeat it could tear him apart. The feeling of being alone gave him comfort and stability, but he knew this will not last and feel sadness again in the future. But did the river know??????

In his hour of need he would whisper at her:

- I love you!

With the hope that she would hear him.
The river stopped for a second:

- You said something?

The rock with a calm smile on his face and terrified beating heart he would answer:

- No! I was admiring the view!

That is how it always was, he was afraid and she wasn't paying attention.

But in the end there is hope! Time will tell us how the story of the rock and the river will continue!

Morale:
STRENGTH

A river cuts trough a rock not because of its power but its persistance.