Chapter 9

It's night on the 3rd day and so far, nothing had happened. She hadn't said anything yet. Maybe that's a good sign? I can never be sure anymore with Rose even being in the same UNIVERSE as the TARDIS! It's scary. I can never be sure Rose is safe. I am shaking as I see the gold glimmer. She only mouths the words though, and since I don't remember the whole speech, I am unsure of what she just said. She doesn't collapse this time, the glimmer leaves, she stumbles and regains her balance. "ROSE! I, your-" I was uncertain on the whole continuing my words thing when her mouth opens. "I'm getting used to it. This is bad, I know. You're worried. But," she leans over to my ear, "We can fix it like we always do and will." She murmurs softly into my ear. I look at her and notice the uncertainty in her eyes as she says it but, she keeps her voice steady for me. "I know what your thinking Rose, you know that whatever we try you'll either die or be tossed away. No matter which one happens, Rose, I will never ever forget you. I will always-" I am cut off as Jackie runs into the room. She sees how close I am to Rose's ear and knows that we were whispering. She just stares at me and smiles knowing what she has interrupted, "Next shift in 30 minutes." I look at her and I give that look that everyone recognizes. To the TARDIS!