Prologue

Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran (theme song for book)

Wanda used her powers to hold the two agents above her head, giggling to herself as they began freak out when she spun them around, narrowly missing the tree, earning her a few worried squeals. The Avengers were on a mission in Germany to take down the last of Hydra, the others were busy and Wanda had been instructed by Natasha to keep these two busy, and Natasha wasn't very specific so Wanda thought she'd have a little fun with it.

"You're having way too much fun with that." Natasha said from her spot next to the witch as she shot at the Hydra agents coming their way.

"you told me to keep them busy, so that's what I'm doing." Wanda said, sending a smirk at the redhead who rolled her eyes.

"That's not exactly what I meant."

"I was going to use my powers to make them fight each other, but I was trying to be more mature."

Natasha scoffed, "And you spinning them above your head and giggling like a little girl is?"

Wanda couldn't but giggle as she continued what she was doing and it took everything in Natasha to not stare at her and just watch her smile in the dorky way she did. "Don't worry about it, just worry about covering our asses."

Natasha wasn't sure what it was about the Sokovian girl, but she felt unusually close to her and they'd only known each other for 6 months. Wanda's laugh was probably her favorite thing in the whole world, especially when she would snort and make herself laugh even more as her face turned red with embarrassment. With on final eye roll, Nat turns back to kicking peoples asses.

Wanda is so distracted that she barely keeps her balance when something hits her chest. She doesn't really think anything of it, even when she starts coughing. "Wanda, you ok?" Natasha calls over her shoulder.

Wanda can't reply as she coughs more, her hand dropping and instinctively going to her mouth and as Natasha turns around, Wanda pulls her hand away to see it covered in blood. Her panicked eyes look up to Natasha and follow the redhead's eyes down to her chest where blood is seeping through her shirt and it appears she's been shot.