Chapter 1: Baby at My Doorstep

Eva's POV

Honestly, I did love Landon. I just can't remember the last time I did. We'd be busy with work, you know, like everybody else. But there were always the little fights that turned into something huge. Always arguing about the bills and keeping things clean and money got out of our control along the way. I had to pick up another job.

Dancing for people may sound like easy work, but trust me, it's a lot harder than it seems. Sure, it was steady money, which was great, but I felt like it wasn't doing me good. I mean, taking my clothes off in front of nasty middle aged men? C'mon. And they always wanted more because no one wanted them. I tried to refuse but I got introduced to booze. Landon started wondering where my extra wad of 1's were coming from. I told him the truth.

That led to more fights and screaming and crying. Then my clients started showing me all kinds of whack drugs like weed and crack and meth. I started to like it, and then I started to like them. I'd go home and tell at him about everything and we decided to get separated. We thought about getting back together, but we didn't. Then I found out I was pregnant.

I was scared about what would happen to me. The baby. Us. Not sure how he would react, I told Landon I was carrying his child, but then I told him I lost it. He was depressed for a while, I think, and that was the last time I saw him.

Now I don't know what to do. I have this little baby girl here and I don't think I even want her. I can't support her. She's my child, of course I love her, but I won't be able to. What do I do now?