i carry bandaids

Hi guys! This is a little Ivy&Harley oneshot for you all! A lot of people seem to really like them in my other story, so I decided to write a little piece with just them! I hope you like it!

The story is actually based off this piece of fanart I found on Instagram!

If anyone knows the artist, please let me know so I can credit them! Its beautiful!

Tears of an Angel should be updated tomorrow! Since my computer is in the shop right now and I cant edit, chapters should be more frequent!

Pamela was just climbing into bed when the knock sounded. She grumbled angrily, having to fetch her green stain robe off the floor and pull it angrily around her shoulders. She stomped to the front door, making sure her 'visitor' knew what was coming. She yanked it open, staring into the night. She looked down, seeing the quivering form of Harley looking up at her nervously.

"S..Sorry Red, I wouldn't have come over so late, b-but I didn't know where else to go."

Ivy's anger dissolved instantly as she ushered her inside. The red-and-black diamond-clad Harley limped in the door. The image of her broken, hunched body made Pamela's blood boil. That bastard. She came inside herself, shutting and bolting the door behind her. Harley exhaled in relief at the sound. He could always be coming for her. He might just be waiting for her outside, ready to pounce at any moment, ready to-

"Harley, you don't have to loiter in the hallway" Pamela called, standing in the doorway of the bedroom. Harley nodded, walking towards her slowly. Her body was sore, she didn't even want to think of all the bruises and welts her suit hid. But she plastered a smile on her face anyway in a futile attempt to delude Pamela that everything was okay.

"Harls" she said softly, putting up her arm so Harley couldn't pass. The smile Harley wore faltered momentarily as she looked into Ivy's green eyes. "What happened this time?"

Harley averted her gaze, trying to duck under her long limbs.

"Oh, y'know Red, I was being silly and I really should have watched where I was going!" Harley said airily, still refusing to look at her You'll never believe what I fell of this time! It was a big-"

"Harley"

Ivy's voice was firm. She wasn't buying it. Harley's head dropped, all traces of her smile gone. She didn't hear Ivy walk up behind her until she rested her hand on her shoulder. Harley flinched, spinning around and flinging Pamela's hand off her.

"Don't touch me." she said without conviction. It was never any use with him. Why should she try to have any sort of authority now?

Pamela's eyes widened at her reaction as she withdrew her hand, holding both of them up for Harley to see. She watched the blonde carefully, her chest rising and falling rapidly, eyes darting around the room. Her hands were crossed over her chest, effectively closing off her body. She'd kill that clown for what he did to her. One day. Whether Harley liked it or not.

"Harley" she said softly, moving forward slowly, her hands still up. "C'mon Harl's, it's me."

She rested her hands softly on the blonde's shoulders, her whole body aching at her small whimper and twitch of discomfort. Harley's eyes were squeezed closed, tears streaming down her face under that black mask of hers. She bit her already swollen lip, trembling.

"Don't hurt me" she whispered, pulling away ever so slightly

"I won't" Pamela assured her, running her hands down her arms comfortingly. Her actions only made Harley flinch.

"Please don't hurt me" she said again, her voice hardly above a whisper. Pamela hated how it broke, trembling under the weight of what those words meant, or where they had come from. She moved down and gripped Harley's hands tightly.

"I'm not him, Harley" she said softly, looking at her face. "I'll never be him"

Harley opened her eyes, her teary blue orbs looking up into Pamela's green ones. She nodded once, relaxing. Pamela exhaled, finally happy that Harley had calmed down a little. She took the opportunity to pull her into her chest, holding er close. Harley continued to cry into her, the tears soaking into Pamela's nightgown.

Ivy carefully removed that stupid red and black hat from Harley's head, tossing it onto the floor carelessly. She hated how he dressed her like that. Harley seemed to like it well enough, always protesting that she was actually the one to choose it. It didn't help Pamela like it any more"

"B..Be careful with my cowl" Harley sniffed, looking over at it. "That's my favorite one"

Pamela rolled her eyes. 'How can you have a favorite one when they all look the same?" she said, looking down at her.

"How can you have a favorite plant when they all look the same?" she quipped back. Pamela chuckled and touched her nose lightly.

"Careful babydoll" she said softly, kissing her forehead lightly "They wont like that"

Harley chuckled, leaning into her and sighing. "Thanks Red, for everything."

Pamela nodded, picking up Harley's hat and handing it to her. "Go shower honey, its late, you're tired"

Harley nodded, pulling away and heading for the bathroom, not before stopping at Ivy's chest of draws and grabbing herself a clean pair of pajamas.

"Those were my favorite set!" Pamela called

"Not anymore!" Harley replied before disappearing into the bathroom.

~~~

It wasn't long before Harley had finished and Pamela had been able to get her into bed (3 glasses of milk is plenty Harley, you'll never sleep!)

Harley lay, sleeping soundly beside her, curled up tightly into a ball. Her thumb had somehow made its way back to rest on her lips, a habit which Pamela tried hard to break and not find adorable. It added an extra element of innocence to her as she slept, her blonde hair splayed out messily on the pillow, the green pajama shirt riding up ever so slightly to expose the pale skin of her stomach.

Ivy laid back on her pillow, running her hand lightly through Harley's hair. She had time to survey the damage, to count the bruises, to examine the lashes.

She'd kill him one day. She's beat the life out of him. And she's be laughing. Just see how funny he'd find it then, would it all still be one big joke? And then Harley would be hers. She wouldn't be able to leave anymore. It would just be them, Ivy and Harley, and it would all be perfect.