forty six ~ lustful

Merry Christmas!!!!! (make sure you read the A/N)

They had planned to spend Boxing Day together, a post-Christmas with friends. Harry had spent a good week with his family and had flown back that morning as the rest drove from their family homes to Josh and Simon's.

Jide had planned Simon's gift for ages. Usually, he bought t-shirts, trainers or hats for his friends. He knew they would enjoy them but it didn't take him too long for him to think about what to get. However, this was his and Simon's first Christmas as a thing and he wanted to make more effort. The present was already wrapped and hidden at the back of the tree in the living room, he wanted Simon to open it last.

Having tried to force everyone to drink Eggnog, Ethan had given up and handed everyone a cider as they sat around. They had caught up with their families and asking how everyone else's was - they were all close and all their families supported what they did and their friendship group.

After a while, Josh took control of the situation by slapping his hands on his thighs. "Right!"

He caught everyone's attention, bringing them out of their conversations. "Who's first?" Like a child, Harry started to bounce in his seat. He loved presents, he couldn't help his excitement burst through.

They got through easily enough, sharing laughs and hugs. Vik had somehow ended up with a wrapping paper hat and every time Ethan looked his way he would burst out laughing.

Josh had cleaned up most of the wrapping paper, fixing Vik's hat straight as he sat down.

"Thanks dad," Vik said, giggling. Josh flipped him off in response as Simon cleared his throat.

"I wanted to save my present for Jide, bit selfish but I don't give a fuck." Simon shrugged, as he pulled the wrapped rectangle up onto his lap.

Jide inspected it, his mind running through possibilities of what it could even be. It was flat so he decided it wasn't a box with something inside.

"You've shown us so much of your music yet I know Lambo is the only thing you've put out there so far," Simon paused. He had to admit to himself he was worried. It took him a long time to even narrow down any options for a gift but everything felt materialistic. Nothing felt right. Till he got into contact with a friend who mixed music for a living. "I hope you like it."

None of the boys knew what it was, Simon had struggled to keep it a secret for weeks despite all of them fishing to find out. They all wanted to be the one to tease JJ with knowing but none of them had been able to get anything out of Simon.

Jide shook the present slightly as he took it into his own hands. There wasn't any noise and he pouted as Simon grinned. Harry was playing with the cube Josh had gotten him, it was made specifically for people who couldn't sit still and he was twisting part of it intensely as he watched.

"Bare confused." Jide commented as he started to unwrap it. Agonisingly, he opened it carefully. He smiled slightly where one of he corners had been squished instead of folded and knew Simon would have gotten frustrated from it not looking perfect.

All the boys could see was the back on the frame but Jide's face slowly broke into a smile as he took in what it was. Encased in the frame was a vinyl size disc with a soundtrack coloured in red. He knew it would be one of his songs imprinted onto the disc and he already had a feeling it would be Lamborghini - the only song he had put out publicly. A CD case with his face had come out of the wrapping too.

"Let's see?" Tobi asked and he smiled to Simon as he took the frame into his hands.

Jide concentrated on the CD, opening it to see a track list on the inside of the cover. It was a list of songs he had recorded throughout the years. He most likely wasn't going to upload them anywhere, they were testings of beats and lyrics, some even freestyles. Every time he recorded a song, he showed Simon. Every song he'd ever put together had been sent to Simon and JJ knew this CD meant not only was he as proud as he said, he kept every single one of them. His heart welled with gratitude and he chuckled softly.

"That obsessed with me, minter?" He raised his eyebrow, grinning at his friend sat in the seat across from him. He watched relief rush over Simon's features as they joked together.

"Nah, you're just the only one that listens to that crap." Josh snorted at Simon's comment as he too looked over the framed vinyl.

Jide sat his present to the side, a smile still on his face as he bought out Simon's wrapped gift. It was a larger rectangle than the previous present but he knew it was only one thing and felt they came quite close to each other in thought. He was content that he didn't do badly.

"You got that wrapped for you," Vik started to laugh as Ethan tried not to choke on his mouthful of beer.

"I, what, how would, bruv." Jide stuttered having been caught out easily.

"You would not put glitter and bows on a present." They all started to laugh, even Simon as he got up to squish in the chair next to JJ.

"I just wanted it to be perfect," Jide muttered, handing it to Simon.

"I love it," Simon laughed again at the scowl JJ was pulling before opening the gift. He wasn't as teasingly slow as the other boy, not wanting to waste any time.

After ripping all the paper off, chucking it in Harry's direction, and turning the frame the right way around, Simon noticed his own face staring back at him. It wasn't just him though, it was hundreds of photos of him throughout the years.

He started picking out certain events: his first selfies with Jide; prom; school trips; the event where he met Callux and friends as "KSI's side man"; meeting the rest of the Sidemen; PAX; clips from their videos. Simon couldn't take the smile off his face as his eyes scanned every last picture.

"Jide," his voice was soft as he turned slightly to face JJ. "I love it." he claimed, putting it down to wrap his arms around him.

"I love you," JJ spilled before pulling away quickly. "I mean, you're welcome."

"What?" Simon's mouth hung open slightly. Sure they had said it before but he could feel the difference this time.

"What?" Josh said, doing a double take.

"Wow," Tobi was grinning before making gestures to the other boys to leave.

"Have fun guys!" Harry chuckled as they left.

"But not too much fun in my living room!" Josh shouted as the boys shoved him out of the door talking of a trip to Nando's.

"Say it again." Simon demanded.

"You're welcome?" Jide's eyes were wide as he tried to avoid the whole situation.

"No..." Simon drawled. He moved a hand to place against Jide's cheek, his thumb running lightly against his cheekbone. JJ instantaneously lent into his touch.

"I've always had something for you, Simon. I thought it was just lustful because you're attractive but it's not. I care about you way more than a friend. I want you happy all the time. I want you around all the time. I love you," Jide spilled his guts. He wasn't sure if it was Christmas making him sappy or the bliss of Simon being close to him or the smell of Simon overwhelming his conscious.

"I've always loved you Jide, I love you." Simon smiled, leaning forward slightly. Jide did the same, their lips meeting delicately in the middle. It was as though this was their first kiss. Jide moved his hands to take hold of Simon's hips, pulling at his body slightly till he moved to straddle Jide.

"One question," Jide mumbled between kisses. Simon hummed as he pecked at Jide's jawline.

"Will you be my boyfriend, Minter?"

"Yes." Simon replied, placing more kisses against Jide's face.

He was sat where made him happiest - with Jide. Even better, on Jide's lap. Jide, who, after all the stolen kisses and years of teasing. After the dating and the break up and a new guy, had ended up his again. How it was meant to be.

and for your gift: the last chapter of Lustful!!!!!

this is the longest chapter i've ever written. i deleted it 10000 times, changing words and paragraphs and the whole story line. I wanted the ending to be perfect.

there will be an epilogue AND a sequel (which already has the first chapter up: Careful, so check that out)

thank you endlessly for the support and love of this and any of my books.

have a good christmas!!!!