Chapter 13

"You're no son of mine!" Nettlestar hissed, towering over his son.
   Thistlestorm and Featherwing stared in pure shock. They had no idea that Nettlestar ever had kits, or a mate at that.
   The leader flicked his attention to a black she-cat in the crowd, her amber eyes stood out, "And you! You left me to come here?."
   Haunting narrowed his eyes, "I've spent years creating this 'rubbish'," he spat.
   "That's sad," Nettlestar mocked.
   Haunting growled and bunched up his haunches, prepared to pounce. Nettlestar's mate dove in front of him.
   "Stop!" She hissed.
   "He called you rubbish!"
   "I deserve it!"
   Haunting growled, "Get out... Nettlestar."
   "I deserve to know what's going on here!"
   "You don't need to know!" Haunting curled his lip.
   Just then, Nettlestar's "son" leaped up onto him. Growling, Storm tore at his father's fur, and created deep wounds in Nettlestar's flesh, "Leave, father!"
   Nettlestar stared in horror at his son. He nodded and ran off.
   Haunting sat up from his crouching position, "We've got that over with. Storm, kill whoever's le-" The leader of the mysterious cats was cut off by a gurgling noise and a yowl.
   "You murderer!" A voice growled.
   Thistlestorm looked up to see Shadow tackling Haunting, showing no mercy. Haunting gurgled, blood dripping from his mouth. The cats stared in horror, Soot especially. Shadow kept slashing at the leader until he felt the body go limp underneath him.
   Staring at the body, Shadow stood tall. His eyes crazed, claws unsheathed, tail lashing, he looked at the other cats and smiled, "What are you going to do now?"
   The cats weren't staring at Shadow with shock, but with smirks. Confused, Shadow looked at Haunting, who was standing again.
   "Best you got?" 
   Shadow widened his eyes and ran to Thistlestorm, "Get Featherwing, I'll get Dawn." Thistlestorm nodded and inched his way under Featherwing who shrieked in pain at every movement. Finally, Featherwing was on his back, and he ran away from these cats. These evil, evil cats. A yowl rang through the forest. Thistlestorm looked behind him, Shadow was standing over his sister, tears welling in his eyes.
   Oh no...
   Dawn...
   "Leave her!" Thistlestorm choked, "We have to go!"
   Shadow yowled again in anger and ran towards Thistlestorm, only to realize Storm was chasing after him. Shadow ran faster until Storm gave up. The brown tabby now stood next to Thistlestorm.
   "They have taken everyone!"Shadow cried out, kneading the ground with his claws.
   "We can't focus on that right now," Thistlestorm murmured, "We need to find a way into RainClan, and warn them."
   Shadow nodded.
   "I know how!" A bright cheerful voice surprised them. It was Soot.
   Sighing, Shadow asked her to take them there. Soot nodded and led them far around the cats and into a tunnel she had discovered when she was exploring.
   "This leads straight into camp!" She mewed, diving into it.
   Cries from the camp broke the trio's ears.
   "We're too late..." Shadow whispered.

A/N 
Sorry for the short chapter. I know it's a bit slow right now. I'm not the best of authors, for sure. I really just enjoying putting my ideas out there. If you've read every chapter of my book, I thank you. All support is appreciated. If you follow me, I will follow you back out of appreciation. I love you, my 13 followers.