The Chains

Part one - Sneaking Out

The only unpleasant part about sneaking out at night is that the only person that knows where you are, is yourself.

I slowing crept the door open just enough to where I could slide through it. I had to be extra cautious because of my cousin. She was sleeping in our living room, where the exit door is. I slipped right through the door and ran, the door slammed shut. I am pretty sure my cousin woke up, but i didnt dare to look behind myself.
I bolted through the woods behind my house.

I checked my phone to see if i had any notifications or messages. I didnt have any, so i scrolled through my feed. The very first thing i saw was a painting, i didnt even read the writing on it but noticed the scary face in the background. It was super thin, super short, had small red eyes, and almost looked like a skeleton it was so thin.

My favorite movies are horror and sci-fi , and i am not scared easily.
But this face, it was... different, it was surrounded by trees. It looked like "it" was in a forest. I stared at the face for a minute or two, i stopped walking and focused very steadily.

After i scrolled past it , i noticed my surroundings appeared to be getting darker by the second. I looked up, it was pitch black. The only way to
describe it for you to be able to see what i saw is to say it appeared as if i
was in a cave, no lights, nothing.

I continued walking, i couldnt
find a tree, a wall, or a building. There was nothing to hold on to, it almost felt like i was walking on air. I
came to a complete stop, my phone
buzzed. I was frightened at this moment, the notification from my
phone was a message from a private
number saying ,

"Just.. Keep.. Walking.."

I did not reply, i just deleted it and kept walking. Not because the message said to, but because i wanted to get out of wherever i was. I continued walking for about 5 more mins as I began to feel light-headed and very dizzy all of a sudden. Then i passed out.