Monique

Monique

Walking into my house after a long day of work, I couldn't even make it to my bedroom before I started kicking my pumps off my feet.

Usually, work would be pretty easy, but today my boss had me running errands, helping her around the office, and not to mention all of our clients that kept coming in.

Although, some days were more hectic than others, I loved my job because for the most part, all I did was sit down behind a desk as a receptionist for this fashion designer named Envi Lee.

After kicking my shoes off, I picked them up instead of leaving them scattered across the floor. Heading down the hallway that lead to my bedroom, and pening the door, I walked into what would have made another woman happy, but it only reminded me of the damage that was really being covered up.

Wow, I said to myself, not because I was surprised, but because I was more disgusted than anything.

Standing in the middle of my bedroom, I took it all in, as I carefully scanned the room with a surprised look on my face.

You got to be kidding me, I thought to myself.

Lee had out done himself with this one; he had rose petals placed all over the bed and some scattered on the floor.

He really went overboard, I thought to myself as I slowly walked over to the gifts. Reaching down, I picked up the one gift that caught my eye; a brand new matte black Iphone 7. I guess he paid more attention to me than I thought because I had just cracked my screen to my phone and was really needing a new one. After looking over the phone, I placed it back down on the bed and continued to scan the room

There was also a hot pink shopping bag from Victoria's Secret with light pink tissue paper stuffed inside, a pair of size seven Louboutin red bottoms, and a jewelry box from Tiffany's that either held a necklace or a pair of earrings.

Even though the gifts were a nice gesture, it still didn't help me get over the things he had done to me or mend by broken sprit.

Yes, I know you all are probably yelling at me saying, "Bitch, run."

But Lee had a hold on my heart, and as bad as I wanted to run away and never look back, that is always easier said than done.

Thinking back on the first time the abuse started, instantly had me feeling down. I had just walked in the house from a long day of work, but seeing my man sitting on the couch had put a smile on my face. Wanting to show him affection, I walked over towards where he was sitting.

Lee's back was facing me, with a smile plastered on my face, I leaned down and wrapped my arms around him while rubbing his chest.

Grazing my lips against his ear, I then whispered, "I missed you, baby."

Placing a kiss on his cheek, I stood there waiting for him to say it back. I wasn't liking the vibes he was giving me because instead of him showing me the same love I showed him, he sat still like a statue as his chest heaved up and down.

Next thing I know, Lee slowly turned around and looked at me with anger in his eyes. The way he stared at me, you would have thought I was a stranger to him.

"Bitch, what nigga you been with?" he asked through clenched teeth.

Taken aback by his silly question, I instantly started laughing because he had to be joking.

Lee and I had been dating for quite a while, and he should have known I would never step out on him. I wasn't into no grimy shit like that.

Lee was the only man to get something so sacred, my virginity. Yes, I had dated other men, but none of them received what Lee did. I gave him all of me.