14

It didn't take us long to find a quiet place. Corey at least seemed to think that a nearby acclivity down the road would be enough, given by the fact that you heard the music in some distance. While walking there, Corey wouldn't let go of my hand and though I felt uncomfortable to a certain degree it was also nice. This is how I imagined us to be back then, walking down a street hand in hand and doing what couples do. Well, that was nearly six years ago now, wasn't it? Eventually, Corey stopped and took a seat in the grass. I stood there biting my bottom lip, my mind blank. He looked up at me, gave me a crooked smile and patted the spot next to him.

"C'mon, love." Urrgh, and there my heart melted again. What the hell, no. I just came to talk! So I could get over him! Hesitantly, I sat down as well and looked into the bushes opposite us. I did not want to see his blue orbs piercing my soul and reading my deepest thoughts again. We both stayed silent and despite all the things racing through both our heads, all the things we wanted to say such as all the things we would have to talk about. We just sat there enjoying each other's company.

"So, you are... still.. clean?" he then asked and I cracked up and laughed, earning a confused look of his.

"Really? We don't see each other for years and you want to talk but first thing you ask is if I am still clean? While you, if I remember correctly, were pissed as hell during the past years, as your friends told me?" I said, still chuckling a bit. "Bit ironic, Taylor," I then chuckled bitterly and waited for him to say something else.

"Yeah...," he scratched the back of his neck and I heard him shifting on his spot.

"Well... yeah.. I mean... " He obviously wanted to say something but either way couldn't find the words to put it right or was already backing down again, so I felt the urge to tell him that he should go get some balls.

"Okay, you know what? I came here even though I swore myself I would not, under no circumstance, listen to your excuses. And now I am sitting here with you and ditched one of the few people who has constantly been there for me over the past years along the way. So the least you could do is speaking your mind, alright?" I said a bit too bugged for my taste, but at least I stated what I want.

"What, the douche from last week? This boyfriend of yours?" he asked, totally ignoring what I just said? Was he kidding me now?

"Did you even listen to what I've just said? But yes. And no."

"Huh?" he gave back, totally irritated now.

"Yes this guy, no he's not."

"Not your boyfriend?" I heard the curiosity in his voice, but also something else which brought me to finally look at him. This sneaky little bastard. My fist hit him hard in the chest, but not hard enough if you ask me. He winced as if he was in pain but continued to grin mischievously either way.

"Don't you DARE to grin at me, Corey! If you just wanted to find out if I'm on the market or not you can just -" I started but he interrupted me by crashing his lips onto mine. I had been so in my element on scolding him that I totally missed out on him coming nearer, just until his face was only an inch from mine and his warm lips met mine. Electricity shot through my body and I felt my cheeks heating up. He kissed me passionately and without wanting it, I returned his kiss.But the smirk on his lips was noticeable. I pushed him away.

"Asshole," I exhaled the breath I didn't know I held and stood up abruptly. I heard him say 'wait' but I just wanted to go away. This was wrong. I wasn't even able to go one step when he grabbed me by my wrist and spun me around, looking me deep in the eyes.

"Let go of me, Corey. I was an idiot coming here."

"No."

"Why? Why in hell can't you just let me be? I just came so I could get over you, instead, you made it all worse. I made a huge mistake to come and I should go back to where I was!", I half-yelled at him but he wasn't particularly struck by what I just said. Instead, he just kissed me again, just one second. I wanted to back away but he held me in place, wrapping his arms around my hips. He just held me and wouldn't let go. I was so fucking angry with him and he knew, but every second that passed I felt myself calming. Eventually, he spoke again, our eyes locked because there was nowhere else I could look right now.