Chapter Three » Book I

[Unedited]

     I decided not to bring up what happened at Diagon Alley to my aunt. But I just couldn't figure out why people seem to be hiding stuff from me. I tried my best not to think about it and enjoy the rest of my summer and to do that, I ended up reading all of our required book, 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' (Wink Wonk)

Not much happened between then and September 1st. Most everyone was getting ready for the new school year around the castle. I couldn't wait till the halls were crowded with people. I also couldn't wait for the pranks I'd be able to pull with my friends.

When I came time for Hagrid to collect the other first years from the train and bring them to the castle, I asked to go with to be able to enter with the rest. Luckily, my aunt agreed with me.

I smiled as the Hogwarts express pulled up and everyone piled out in their robes.

"Right then. First years this way, please! First years, don't be shy. Come on now, hurry up!" Hagrid shouts, grabbing everyone's attention. The first years began to gather around. "Hello Harry!" I turn to see a familiar face walk up to us, grinning.

"Hi Hagrid! Hi (y/n)!" He greeted. I smiled back to him. A boy with red hair came up beside Harry, Staring up at Hagrid in awe.

"Hello! I'm (y/n)" I smile at him, excitedly. He looks over to me.

"Hi. I'm Ron. Ron Weasley." He replies. My eyes light up.

"As in Fred and George's' brother?" I ask. He gives me a wery look and nods.

"You know them?" He asks.

"I do! We're actually pretty close." I tell him.

"Wait! (Y/n) as is (y/n) (l/n)?!" He gasps.

"Yup! That's me!" I smile.

"Whoa! Harry Potter and (y/n) (l/n)!" Ron laughs. I look at him a tad confused. Here we go with people knowing who I am.

"Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me." Hagrid directs, turning around and walking away with us following.

Everyone pairs up into four and climbs into a boat. I get in one with Harry and Ron. I look up at the castle. Lights illuminate it, giving the walls a soft, yellow glow. The moon shining behind it along with the fog over the lake adds to the affect. It truly looks magnificent and I can tell the others think so, too.

Getting off the boats, we all make our way up to the Great Hall for the sorting ceremony and the welcome back feast. We get to the top and stop in front of Aunt McGonagall. I stand between Harry and Ron.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." She greets, "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the houses with the most points is awarded the house cup."

I notice a toad down by her feet, making a slight croaking noise. Apparently his owner noticed too because a boy leaped forward, shouting 'Trevor!'. He scooped up the creature in his heads and slowly looked up to my aunt. She did not look too pleased. I slightly snicker under my breath as he falls back into the crowed. She shoots me a look and I give her an innocent smile in return. Harry and Ron slightly look at me with confusion, but I shrug it off.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She finishes, walking into the Hall.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." I hear a male voice say from behind. Murmurs begin to wash through the crowd. "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy" he moves in front of us. Malfoy. I've heard of that name before. His dad is quite the jerk. Ron covers up a laugh and I roll my eyes, both not going unnoticed by Malfoy.