Chapter four » Book I

[Unedited]

     The next day I was woken by Hermione. I asked her the night before and warned her that I might get snappy, but I knew better than to be late to my aunt's class, which I just so happen to have first thing.

After about five minutes of constant begs, threats, and bribes, she was able to get me out of bed and dressed. We made our way to the Great Hall for breakfast, talking about all the things we would learn. I was happy to find someone as excited to learn about magic as I was.

Neither of the boys seemed to show up for the meal, but we shrugged it off and had a conversation with these boys Dean, Seamus, and Neville. All three came off as nice and someone I could easily become friends with.

Surprisingly, Hermione and I were the first to show up for the lesson so we were able to choose any seat. Of course, I sat with Hermione. In the front of the room, on the teacher's desk, sat a tabby cat.

"Good morning, Aunt McGonagall." I smiled, receiving a meow back.

"No way. Your aunt is an animagus?" Hermione whispered. I nodded in response. Students began to poor in and take their seats, but neither Harry nor Ron showed. If they're late, they are going to be in for it. Let's just hope they'll learn their lesson before it's time for potions with Snape.

About ten minutes into class, everyone is quietly working on the assignment. The door is suddenly opened and the two boys rush in, gasping for breath while they start towards an empty desk. Hermione looks at me and rolls her eyes before going back to her work.

"Whew! We made it! Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron breaths, clearly not knowing that the teacher was, in fact, present. I tried to tell them by motioning my head to the teachers desk but they just look at me confused. I give them a 'really' face.

My aunt chooses that time to jump off her desk and morph back to her human form. Both boys watch her in complete awe as she stands in front of them.

"That was bloody brilliant!" The ginger blurts while Harry just stares with his mouth hanging open.

"Thank you for that assessment Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I transfigured Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you might be on time." She calmly scolds, making her a tad bit intimidating.

"We got lost." Harry explains.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." And with that, they sat down.

Next class was potions. Thank Merlin those two were on time. But I guess that was mainly my doing since I practically dragged them, warning about Snape's harsh demeanor. I sat in the front, between Harry and Hermione, quietly chatting when the door burts open, ceasing all sounds.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class." Snape warns, making his way to the front. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition." I notice he begins to stare at Malfoy. "I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can show you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death. Then again maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

I look to my left, where Snape begins to glare. Harry is scribbling words down on a piece of parchment, seemingly not paying attention but in reality is recording Snape's words. I nudge his side and nod in Snakes direction. For Merlin's sake, did I not warn him about this? Does nobody listen to me? Actually, I sometimes don't even listen to me.