4

Once we get back to Yuma's home, I go straight to the kitchen and look for some cake.

"Yes! There it is! The beautiful cake in all its epic glory!" I say as I dive toward it, only to phase right through it and the counter.

"Nooo~!!! My cake!!!" I shout loudly.

I wanted to eat it...

Suddenly, I feel heavier, weighed down. I drift toward the ground and land on my feet. There's a weight on my back, between my shoulder blades, but I shrug it off as I can now dig into the beautiful cake.

"Cake~!" I squeal.

I look around the kitchen to find a knife to cut the cake and a plate to put my slice on.

As soon as I start eating the cake, however, Kari comes in the room complaining.

"What's all the noise! Yuma you'd better not have--" she freezes as soon as she sees me.

As I turn around, I see something white in my peripheral vision for a moment.

Putting my cake slice down, I think about how I can go back to my floaty invisible self to get myself out of this awkward staring contest.

The weight pushing down on me disappears and I start floating again. I move slowly out of the room to find Astral, watching as Kari looks around for a while, meaning my silent escape was a success.

"Astral! Astral!" I shout, floating around the house, looking for him.

"What is it?" Astral asks, arms folded.

One glance and I almost faint again.

His hair is still in it's French braid.

Why are you so amazing?! Ugh!

"I became visible just now! Kari saw me!" I shout, shaking his shoulders.

"What do you mean?" He questions, calmly getting out of my grip.

"I mean-- you know what, just watch this!" I say excitedly, then think about how I became visible. Just as the feeling of being weighed down came over me, Yuma walks out of the bathroom.

He falls over backward, back into the bathroom, staring at me in shock.

"See?" I tell Astral, pointing at Yuma who looks at Astral then back at me.

"Interesting. But what are these?" He asks, reaching for something behind me.

"What are what?" I question, looking back at his hand.

His hand is inches away from something white and feathery.

When his fingers brush it lightly, a tingly feeling goes through me and my new appendages.

"Are those... wing's? Like, Angel wings?" I ask slowly.

"I believe so." Astral answers.

I then turn to the boy on the floor.

"Hey, Yuma? Do you mind not staring?" I ask.

"W-what?! You know my name?! How?!" He shouts.

"Sheesh, calm down. I've been here since Astral was released from the key." I tell him,  believing that what I'm saying is true.

"Does- does that mean you're my guardian angel?!" Yuma asks loudly.

"Guardian angel..?" I say aloud, then I think for a moment.

Am I? But why me? And why is it that only Astral can see me in floaty form?

"Nope." He sweat drops, "I'm Astral's guardian angel." I finish, hugging Astral around the waist. I would have fainted if Kari didn't come in the room.

I "disappeared" before she noticed me. And continued to hug astral happily.