Wanted Be That Guy

Peyton
I felt like such a jackass leaving her there. The last thing I wanted was her waking up at the house by herself and thinking I'd abandoned her. For some inexplicable reason I didn't want to miss Rowan's sleepy morning face, didn't want to miss the first scratchy word out of her mouth and of course I was curious to see how she looked in my T-shirt without a bra on underneath because I'd been thinking about her like that on and off since she been hiding from me a decade ago not that I couldn't help it.

I couldn't see how any man who ever lucky enough to see the sparkle in her dark eyes or the smile lit up her face wouldn't want to see more of her or everything, I didn't have much choice. I may have been a jackass for leaving her, but I would've been a even bigger jackass if I'd blown of my class today. A few boys and I go to class at some high school down in the city and play some basketball with a group of high school aged guys, in the beginning they used to kick our ass all the time because none of us understood what they were doing or their moves too and the main reason for showing up every Monday was for the kids.

When sophomore year rolled around I started being kind of a dick and I didn't want to become a jerk, I wanted to be a good guy with his feet on the ground who just wanted to do everything right. Sabrina and Rowan called me out and I got back on track I became the person I wanted to be well kind of. "Peyton one more game please!" Anthony said as he ran over, I looked down at him. Anthony is the shortest guy on the team but the strongest I know. "Sorry buddy I got get going and study maybe I come Friday morning before I get ready." He nodded, I smack his back as he ran back to the guys.

I wiped the sweat off my face with my tank top and said good game to the guys then poured some Gatorade down my throat and glanced at the clock. It was 11:30 surely rowan had gotten my note, all it said was where I'd gone to and that I be back soon and that I'd call her later, but I'd left it right by my pillow so she'd see it in the same breath that she realized I was gone. I was going to add I had a great time but it seemed too much considering the situation that had brought her to my doorstep in the first place.

I had enjoyed myself, I knew shouldn't be surprised at how much since she one of my friends but her company was so refreshing. Rowan wasn't like any other girl she was different, she didn't throw herself at me or show up so much, she breathed normally without trying to suck in her stomach and stick out her chest and she treated me like a regular person like other girls.

She actually had brain cells to rub together and could hold a conversation about something other than the life and times of reality tv stars, the only downside was that time always passed by too quickly when I was with her and that made me want more of it. If there was anything I learned last night besides the fact that our lips seemed to fit together so perfectly I wished I'd tried them on properly, it was that I'd spend enough time away from her and I was sick of it.

I wanted her back in my life in a big way, she was good for me, I knew it in my head and I could feel it in every part of my body when she was around. She made me laugh, she made me forget myself. I hated back then when she was ready to move on, it might not be with me. Yes, it was a problematic, complicated idea, but weren't some of the best ideas like that? I knew as soon I'd kissed that sad crack in her lip that I wanted to be the guy to make her forget about him, the guy to show her how she should be treated. Would she love me down? If all we had was now? I would do the same for her.

We should take this chance for everything, and no matter how hard I convince myself that it was a bad idea to lust after one of my friends, my sister's best friend no less. What if I really kissed her? Would she kiss me back? I don't know the meaning of love but I don't die trying. What if that awkwardness between us as teens was down to something real, something we both felt and had been denying for years? Then again there was a chance that if I went for it, she would completely reject me and it would piss her and my sister off to a point that my life would be hell for a while or maybe she just laugh it off.

I could find some way to cone to her that would make it easy for her make a joke out of it if she wasn't up for it, it was hard to guess what would happen because I didn't know her as well as I used to. All I knew was that i wanted a chance to get to know her again and I promised myself that if I had even one moment of doubt as to whether I could love her better than anyone else and I wanted be that guy who does that but something told me that wasn't going to happen but the other side of me did.