Chapter 1: Close Encounters

Shope POV:

"Common guys!" Tyler called as I kept the virus at bay. He rushed over and took out the virus. The mouse turned back to normal, and scurried away. Everyone cheered, it wasn't always easy to take care of those things.

"Oh gosh! I'm going to be late for dinner!" Panic fluttered in my chest. My parents were very strict on keeping me on a tight schedule, and on a short leash. "No worries, Tyler can take you home." Kevin said as he brushed off the dust from his shoulders. Tyler agreed, and walked over. Grabbing my hand, we blurred off in a flash of blue light.

People used to speculate that I liked Tyler, I did. And I had a bad, bad, case of the love bug. But no matter what I did, I could never impress him. I was nothing like Amy, and to him Amy was everything. This doesn't bother me anymore. I'm waaay over him, now he's just a good friend. And honestly, I don't think I would want it any other way. Besides boys my age are all just to stupid, my friends (especially Kevin) are living proof of that.

"Well here we are, be safe Shope!" Tyler waved goodbye and teleported back home. I open my door and speed off to meet my parents. "I'm home!" My mother smiled, "Jennifer, you're right on time!" I sat down, and began to eat.

.......................

"Bye mom, bye dad!" Rushing out the door I headed for the bus stop. I was usually earlier then the boys, mostly because they would sleep in and then scramble to get ready. Standing there, I thought of my homework.

"Heyo Shope!"

"Gahhh!" Jumping, I spun around to see Kevin. I glowered at him, "Kevin don't sneak up on me like that!" Shaking my finger, I calmed my nerves.

"Gee, sorry Shope. I could've sworn you would have heard me, I'm not that good at sneaking up on people." He scratched his head, looking slightly embarrassed. It was true though, Kevin was definitely not graceful, and was as clumsy as a rhinoceros. Still though, I wasn't about to admit that I had been lost in thought and not paying attention to my surroundings.

"Hey Shope, you've got something in your hair."

"What?! Where!?" I frantically search my head for whatever was in it. He chuckled a little bit, and stepped closer.

"Here let me get it for you." Before I could reply, he got even closer. We were practically face to face. I blushed a little, I've never been this close to a boy before. I could smell him, and he surprisingly smelled really...good. Reaching up, his eyes were focused on the thing in my hair. He plucked the piece of cereal flake and dropped it. He blinked at me for a moment before stepping back. He started to laugh again, making me blush harder with embarrassment.

"What?"

"It was a piece of cereal!"

"I know." I folded my arms, and waited in silence. But then the others showed up.

"Hey dudes!" Kevin and Tyler high-fived. Tyler looked at me, and whispered to Roach and Kevin.

"What's wrong with Shope?" Roach mouthed the words, "Probably Kevin"

"You know, I'm right here right? And I'm fine." The bus started approaching, and I saw Tyler punch Kevin in the arm out of the corner of my eye. Typical, boys are idiots.

Kevin POV:

Man, I really messed up this time. I don't know what I did, but I made Shope mad. Seeing Shope angry, something about it just seems off. She was in a funk all morning, and at lunch I thought she might finally talk to me. The bell rang and I dashed out of class, I caught sight of her in the halls. "Shope!"