Chapter Four: Gross! What is that?!

Okay so this chapter was too long to be one, so it's now two smaller ones. Hope you enjoy!
________________

-Shope-
“What is that?!”

A giant frog with multiple legs, eyes, and colors was spitting out some sort of mucus. The slime was shiny, and chunky. It practically stuck to everything as strands of it oozed out of it’s mouth. The giant monster slowly turned to face us, it’s tons of eyes taking in the scene. “Woah, gross.”Roach dropped beside me, already suited up, “I was just enjoying a nice nap.”

    “Let’s do this!”, Tyler began to run around the frog trying to distract it’s shots. Rushing forward with Roach by my side, I form my rock hands. We slam our fists into it’s stomach, knocking it backward. It’s eyes pop out, and a giant mucus ball comes flying out. We watch as the frog lands dazed, as a help ushers behind us.I turn to see Tyler stuck in the sludge. We rush over to help him as he struggles to free himself.

    “I can’t move!”

    “Calm down, it’s just sticky.”

    “No really, I can’t move my body!”

    More than half of Tyler’s body was submerged in the disgusting goop. A look of sheer panic etched into his face. Roach yaps, “Hold on!” as he sticks his enlarged fist into the jelly textured substance. His movements seemed to slow just as his fist wrapped around Tyler’s torso. A disgruntled expression lay on Roach’s face.

    “This feels funny! I-I can’t move my hand. Like, like, I can’t even feel it!”

    “What!?” I felt my jaw drop a little, now both boys were petrified. Each struggling with what body parts weren’t touching the slime.

    “Okaay, guess we can’t touch this stuff.”

Tyler rolls his eyes, “Shope you have to get us out of here before the frog comes back!”

    Panic resumes my puzzling thoughts. “Shoot! Roach grab your stuck arm and pull!” He follows my instructions, and begins to pull. He grunts with effort, but Tyler stays trapped.

    “Hurry! Please get me out of here!”

    Okay, so apparently the Roach wasn’t enough power. Out of the corner of my eye I see the monster virus start to come out of it’s daze. I put my own arms around Roach’s waist to try to get more leverage. Even with a combined effort we weren’t able to but pull him a few inches. Progress is progress I guess. Even so, time was running out.

    “Why haven’t you tried teleporting!?”

    “I have! But I can’t seem to do it. It almost feels as if my power’s been drained!”

    The frog was now mobile, and stared at us hungrily for revenge. As it began to slowly hop towards us our urgency to get Tyler out intensifies. A disgusting squelching sound moaned from the slime as Tyler kept inching forward. We needed to stun it again, otherwise consider us frog food! “One last try Roach!” If this pull didn’t work I’d have to face this virus by myself. I really, really didn’t want to, but a noobs gotta do what a noobs gotta do.

    An enticing berry smell envelopes me as strong arms slip around my waist. My back is greeted with a firm chest, clunky armor barley separating us. Hot breath spreads across my neck like goosebumps. Sending a pleasant chill crawling down my back. The blood in my ears is pounding so hard that I barely register Roach’s voice.

    “One, two, three, and pull!”

    I pull Roach as close to me as possible, his weight pressing me further into Kevin. My cheek rubs against Kevin’s as I’m pushed, and pulled into his steady arms. I try to grapple Roach even closer to me, evidently getting pushed further into the firm chest behind me. Closer to his soft warmth, closer to the electric buzz that I get from his touch, and closer to the heart pounding melody that plays in my ears. His arms squeeze around my abdomen, electric charge building up. My head feels dizzy, and an almost joyous feeling overwhelms my insides. I’m not entirely sure how I was suppressing the smile threatening my lips. Not having any friends that are girls may have contributed to my gushy, hopeless romantic brain. I shouldn’t be thinking these things! Especially not in the middle of a battle!