Chapter 24

Louis' POV;

The boys and I stand looking out at a huge crowd at Madison Square Garden. We are behind the stage, getting ready to go on. I notice that some seats are empty, actually a lot are empty.

“Didn't we sell out?” I ask.

“Yeah,” Paul says.

“Then where is everyone?” I ask. Paul looks at the floor, avoiding eye contact.

“It's our fault isn't it?” Paul nods.

“We're sorry guys, we kinda ruined our biggest show. But we can't help who we fall for,” I say as I look at Harry. Harry smiles at me as we take our places. The intro starts. Fans scream. We raise up one at a time, all in different places across the arena. Once we are all up, the music starts. I hear lots of screams, but I hear something else too. Booing. People are booing us at our own concert.

Harry looks terrified. I remember when he messed up his solo on XFactor. He was devastated. The booing doesn't stop. Niall starts to sing. Harry just stands there when it goes to his solo. The booing gets louder. He is too far away from me for me to comfort him. Liam sings Harry's part. Later that night, when we were singing Best Song Ever, a fan held up a sign. It read; Larry and had a huge red x over it. We were doing our dance moves and singing when something cold and icy hit my face. I stop what I'm doing and touch my face. Red ice is in my hand. I look over and see that we all have red icy in our hair. More stuff hits us. This time it is eggs. They are coming from everywhere.

I walk to the middle of the stage.

“I don't get it,” I say as I let the eggs continue to hit me. “You guys were supposed to be our fans. Fans support the artist through anything and everything. And here, you are, throwing eggs at the people you once called your idols. All because of who we truly are.” Everyone stares at me with wide eyes.

“This isn't who you are!!!” a girl shouts.

“This is who I am, whether you like it or not, I am bi. And nothing will change that. So throw all the eggs, and boo all you want, it won't change who we are.” Harry steps up beside me. We intertwine our fingers and raise it in the air. Eggs come flying at us. They hit our faces, hair, hands, clothes, shoes, even our eyes. We are then hit by something hard. Our one direction dolls hit the floor. They are using our own merchandise to hurt us. Liam is behind us.

“Come on, they're going to knock you out,” he says to us. We all run backstage.

I take a seat on the couch. Niall hands both of us a towel. “I can't believe our own fans would do this to us,” I say. Harry stares blankly at the towel. He looks tormented. Paul walks in the room with Simon.

“What do you guys wanna do?” Paul asks.

“We can't go back out there, look at us,” Liam says.

“They obviously don't wanna see us anyway,” Zayn says.

“Okay, load onto the bus, I'll go out there and tell them the show's off.” Harry is shaking and still hasn't moved.

“Harry, come on,” I say. He doesn't budge. I get up and grab his arm. I drag him up and to the bus. We go to our room.

“Are you going to wash off?” I ask him. Nothing. I take him over to the bathroom floor and get some towels. I get them wet and then start to clean off the eggs on Harry.

“They really got us good,” I say. He doesn't say a word. “We're both going to need a shower to get this out.” He just stares at the tile floor. I turn on the water.

“Do you want to go first?” I ask him. Nothing. “I'll shower first then,” I say. He doesn't move. I start to undress.

“Is it really worth all of this?” he suddenly asks. I am now in only my boxers. I sink next to him.

“Yes, if it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't of told the world. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't of stood up in front of all those people today and let them throw eggs at me. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't be sitting here next to you.” He nods his head. He pulls me into a hug.

“You're so strong, I wish I was as strong as you,” he says to me.

“You're just as strong as me, you stood up with me tonight. That takes a lot of strength. And last week, you were the one comforting me. We bring each other up when we're down. That's how relationships work.” I get up and grab a fresh towel.

“I need to shower,” I say.

“C-can I join you?” he asks. I look at him stunned.

“Of course you can.” I step in the shower and seconds later, Harry joins me.

“I love you,” I tell him. We stand facing each other, letting the water hit our faces. I take both his hands into mine. We lock our fingers together.

“See how perfectly our hands fit together?” I ask him. He looks at our hands then to my face.

“Like puzzle pieces,” he says as he stares at my face.

“Exactly, like puzzle pieces, we fit perfectly together. We belong together. People can rearrange the puzzle how many times they want but no matter what, the pieces only fit to each other. Just like us.” Harry smiles.

“You should be a poet,” he says. We smile at each other, holding hands, letting the water hit us. In one sudden movement, Harry's lips are on mine and my arms are around him.