Epilogue ~ Where it Begins

Scarlet's POV

12 days ago you held me and told me things would work out once you got back. You told me you liked me and had made up your mind. But how come a week away has done nothing but change your mind. Promises can't be broken each time they are made.

I'm Scarlet. I met Luke on the 27th of November. Actually I met him a few years ago briefly but neither of us can remember how. We started talking a few weeks before we met. He had just gotten out of a rough relationship. The girl was depressed and he didn't want to feel responsible for that. But when I did meet him, Luke was in a relationship, with Rachel. She was nice but Stella, the depressed ex, threatened Rachel and stuff. Luke really did like Rachel. But it wasn't going to work. Luke and I got closer, we dated, but he got too confused. I was hurt. But he then liked me again, it was the best two days, the best two days before he left for Italy for six weeks. With Rachel.

Me? Well I have had many relationships. None of which I care about. I always end up getting used. There was Max, who I loved for months, he never liked me, he liked my body. Then there was Toby, he  hated relationships, he hated me but he agreed to get drunk with me. He ended up using me. Luke was different. I actually liked him. He actually liked me. I wasn't scared to be with him. Until he used me and left me thinking we would be something once he came back.

But now I'm here. On the phone talking to him. He doesn't like me anymore. I keep wondering if he ever did.