Chapter 8

Daryun P.O.V.

It has been a month since Daryun and Arslan have joined Team Natsu. So far they have enjoyed it. Their non magical ways have really helped the team realise that you don't need magic for everything you do. Anyway, when Daryun woke up that morning, he felt like something was wrong. Specifically with Arslan, thanks to his sixth sense. Daryun looked over at Arslan, but nothing seemed wrong with him. Daryun frowned and got out of his bed. He walked over to Arslan's bed and saw a light pink flush on Arslan's paler than normal face.

"Your Highness?" Daryun asks carefully, shaking the prince slightly. When Arslan only stirred, Daryun's frown increased, as did his worry. He gently put his hand on Arslan's forehead, his stomach twisting and turning in worry. Daryun pulled his hand away. Arslan only groaned, almost whining at the loss of the cool contact. Arslan's eyes cracked open slightly but his eyes were out of focus.

"Daryun?" He croaked, his voice hoarse and cracking at the end. Daryun grabs a cup of water and sits the prince up, putting the top of the cup to Arslan's lips. He tips the water into Arslan's mouth and rubs slow circles in Arslan's back with his thumb. When all the water is gone, Daryun put the cups down on a side table and lays Arslan back down, putting the blankets over him.

"Get some rest, Highness. You're ill. I shall go get Mira so that she can help." Daryun informs. Arslan nods groggily and his eyes flutter shut. Daryun sighs, his concern about to bubble over and take control. He stands up and walks over to the door, opening it and freezing in the doorway. He glances back at Arslan slumbering peacefully and breaths out, then closes the door behind him. He walks over to the guild and pushes the guild doors open. Everyone is silenced when they glance at the guild doors and only see Daryun with an aura of worry covering him like a cloak.

With a stormy look on his face, Daryun takes hurried steps into the guild and over to the bar, ignoring the people jumping out of his way. He stands next to his usual stool and hits a small bell on the counter, getting Mira to come over almost immediately.

"Hello, Daryun. What can I help you with? And where's Arslan?" She asks.

"His Highness is ill. I have come to ask you of your assistance." Daryun speaks. Mira nods, and walks out from behind the bar.

"Okay, let me get a bucket of water and a cloth and then I will join you back out here and you can guide me to your room." Mira says and walks over to the medical room. She comes back out with a bucket filled with ice cold water and a dry cloth in hand.

"Alright, let's go." She says. Daryun stalks out of the room with Mira on his trail and goes to his room. When he opens the door, he motions for Mira to be quiet as they enter.

"His Highness is asleep and I would prefer it to stay that way. He has not been getting all the sleep he should be with us constantly on the move." He said. Mira nods in understanding. They walk over to Arslan's bed and Mira kneels down, putting the bucket on the floor silently. She dips the cloth into it and wrings it out. She folds it and places it on Arslan's forehead. Arslan sighs and seems to try to lean into the cold item on his forehead.

"How long has he been like this?" Mira asks.

"I do not know. I woke up this morning and felt like something was wrong. When I looked over at His Highness, I could not see anything wrong, but where we live, you learn to trust your instincts, so I checked, and then I found out he is ill and went to call you." Daryun responds. Mira nods.

"Alright. Every twenty minutes or so you should replace the water in the cloth. In about two hours you should check to see if his temperature has gone down. If not, give him a cold bath and then lay him down again with the cloth." Mira directs. Daryun nods his thanks and watches as Mira leaves quietly. Daryun sighs and plops down onto a chair he pulled close to the bed. He watches Arslan doze on the bed, looking a little bit better without the sick, heated look to his face.