Ch. 1

Raymond Tuan looked at his closest friend and neighbor, John Liu with an indulgent smile on his face.  He watched as Mark and Jessi played together in the pool.  Both kids were laughing and having the time of their lives.  Jessi was such a sweet and beautiful child.  "John, let's arrange a marriage between my son and Jessi.  Say marry them off when Jessi turns twenty-one?"  John nodded and grinned, "I like that.  Mark adores her, it's obvious and she loves spending time with him."  Jessi squealed and chased Mark around the shallow end of the pool with a squirt gun and then moving away from him laughing when he splashed her.  The adults watched them play laughing and having a good time.

Time Slip

Jessi was now fifteen watching as Mark got ready for his prom.  He was taking some other senior that Jessi couldn't recall the name of.  "Mark, you look so handsome."  He smiled at her and kissed her head, "I will see you tomorrow morning, Jess.  I can't be late picking up Mel."  Jessi watched sadly as he left his room racing down with his car keys jingling from his hand.  Joey walked into the room and said, "Still haven't confessed?"  Jessi shook her head and said, "He doesn't think of me as a girl, Joey.  Mark doesn't know how much I love him and want to be the one that makes him nervous or happy.  I'm still the little kid from across the street that shadows his every move."  Joey nodded and said, "He will never see you as a woman if you don't confess to him."  Jessi shook her head sadly and said, "He won't accept my heart, Joey.  I don't have the body type he likes.  My boobs aren't big enough nor are my legs long enough."  Joey snickered and said, "I don't know, I think you are pretty cute."

She was devastated and happy at the same time.  He was leaving for Korea.  Jessi watched as he opened the letter from JYP Entertainment and announced his acceptance into their training program.  Tears filled her eyes.  She was too late.  Jessi bit the inside of her cheek to keep from crying out.  He was so happy and so proud of his accomplishment.  Mark looked at her and she pasted a happy smile on her face though she was heart broken.  Her mother had once said to her before she died, "Loving someone is knowing when to let go."  She needed to finally let him go."  He walked over to her and hugged her tightly and whispered, "I am going to miss my best friend."  She wrapped her arms around his waist and whispered, "You won't know how much I will miss you.  Be happy, Mark.  Do well, and take care of yourself.  Don't get hurt or sick and call home as often as you can."  He nodded and pressed a kiss to her head.  He moved away and wiped her tears away.  "Don't cry, little crybaby."  Jessi nodded and moved away from him further so that his current girlfriend can monopolize him again.  She hated Jessi and hated having her around Mark.  Jessi grabbed her bag and said, "I have to go and cook dinner for Dad and Andrew."  She hugged Papa Tuan and Mama Tuan before walking across the street feeling out of place again with that leach attached to Mark's body.

Time slip

After working hard for years as a trainee, he was finally debuting.  Mark called his family inviting them to see Got7's debut performance.  He sent tickets for his family to see his performance and asked if Jessi wanted to come to see him perform.  Jessi wanted to desperately but knew she wouldn't be able to go.  His girlfriend was coming over.  "I will watch from California.  Ji Na wouldn't want me around."  He sighed and said, "I miss my best friend."  Jessi nodded and said, "I miss you too.  But Mark, she already asked me not to burden you with my attention.  Dad said I couldn't go at any rate.  I have to fly out to Taiwan this summer to visit with Dad's parents."  It was true, she had to go and attend her cousin's wedding.  The girl was a bride's maid short and Jessi fit the role perfectly.  She didn't like her cousin but what could she do?

Jessi's room has become a shrine to Got7 and Mark.  She has all their albums, posters, tee shirts, and post card collections for every album.  There were other groups pasted on her walls but Got7 was her bias group.  It was the only way she could see Mark.  He has ended things with Ji Na since their long distance relationship hadn't worked out so well but she was still very active in his life.  In fact, the obnoxious bitch was standing in her room at that very moment looking at her collection of K Pop albums, posters, and post cards.  Ji Na smirked and said, "All of my albums were autographed by the guys while I was there.  You can't and won't be able to say the same, Jessi."  Jessi looked at the covers and said, "I still like listening to their music, Ji Na, even though I will never be good enough to share their space as anything more than a fan."  Ji Na smiled coldly, "At least you know your limits.  I am leaving for New York tomorrow.  Got7 is performing at KCON.  Later loser."