Chapter 1

It was not that Zayn wasn't a good painter because he was. He was a damn good one, in fact he was the last recipient of Jerwood Painting Prize. He has also been nominated at the Leonardo da Vinci World Award of Arts. He was the youngest art awardee in England.

At 17 People talked about him and how good of an artist he was. Now, he is 25 and people talk about him and how bad of an artist he is.

It was just his attitude that everybody thought was egotistical that lead his father to send him in some unknown island in North America way far from the city.

He sighed, straightened his back and closed his eyes, just waiting for the pilot to announce their arrival.

He was fucking excited. Not at all.

'For one still so young, your painting is highly conformist.' said the director of 1D Hall of Fame.

To say Zayn was annoyed was an understatement. He didn't display his painting just to be discriminated by an old jerk. No, his pride just couldn't accept it.

"I don't know, I think it's better described as ubiquitous, or made simply to win awards. Did you even attempt to scale the wall of mediocrity?'

'With all due respect, director...'

'Managing this association for many years have given me a discerning eye. And your painting is I think something you only see in toilet walls.' The old man said in front of the people who attended the exhibit, embarrassing Zayn even more.

Zayn glared at the old man in front of him with gritted teeth.

Liam who had been wandering around taking pictures at the exhibit approached Zayn unaware of the conversation that just happened. 'Zayn, look at these pic-'

Before Liam could finish his word, his mouth dropped open as he watched his bestfriend took two long steps towards the Director 'Oi Zayn!'

'What the hell do you know, you damn old jerk!' Zayn hollered angrily and punched the Director on his face making the old man stumble easily.

Things happened so fast, the next thing everyone knew was Liam pulling Zayn away from the director, 'What are you doing, you idiot?!'

'Let me go! He can't insult me like that! He doesn't even know how hard I've worked' Zayn angrily said resisting from Liam.

Finally, the plane landed safely. Zayn frowned at the empty road in front of him when he got out of the airport. So far, it has been five minutes of him standing waiting and he only saw two cars and a bike pass by. He was starting to get annoyed. He was used to a crowded and noisy place, he didn't mind this quiet –but shit it was too quiet.

His phone beeped, he looked at it to see Liam's text.

Liam: How's the Island?

He rolled his eyes in annoyance. He looked at his surroundings and sighed, 'Not much to it, eh. But damn, is nobody here?!'

'Yo!' a man called, 'You new in town, sonny?'

Zayn nodded. Not really sure what to say to the man.

'Then hop in, boy! I'll give ya ride' the man said referring to his truck. Zayn hopped on the back of the truck with his bag.

Don't be rude. He remembered his father telling him.

'Yer lucky, sonny! If I hadn't come by, it mighta taken ye half a day to walk from the airport.'

'Huh?'

'mighta taken you a day!'

'uh, I can't understand what you're saying.'