One

Everyone I every asked about death has lied to me. Of course, they had no way of knowing what death actually felt like at the time, considering they were alive when I asked them. Doesn't really matter now, anyway. I am going to die.
In this moment, I cannot remember my name or who I am. I cannot see. I cannot hear or smell or taste. But I can feel the pain. I can feel the scorching fire and the piercing metal and the pain.

***

The first thing my damned brain recognizes when I wake up is the smell of the place. Or rather, the not smell of the place. I can't smell anything. Or see anything or hear anything. I can, though, feel my tongue in my mouth and the breath in my lungs. I can feel crisp sheets wrapped tightly around my body and under my arms. And the cold of the air.
Panic seizes my human brain, filling in all the missing information with things my brain already knows, whispering me things that I don't want to hear.
The clang of metal reverberates through the carriage. I glance at my mum in confusion. Granny, Xavier, Pappa and Mum were seated around me, glancing around at the other passengers.
"Why have we stopped? Is something wrong?" My young brother Xavier asks, looking to Pappa.
"Just something on the track, probably," Pappa mutters. "They'll fix it in a moment."
"Alright folks, no need to panic. Just some technical difficulties. Should be up and running soon enough." The conductor calls over the loud speaker.
"See? Good ol' Mister Conductor has everything under control!" I whispered softly to Xavier. His eyes had started to flicker with fear.
And then there was a loud screeching sound that burned my ears, and a thunderous boom, before the screaming started. People lurched from there seats, scrambling up. A woman with a beige coat was crying.
"We've been hit! We've been hit!" Someone was wailing from a nearby carriage. I felt the heat of flames. Screams echoed loudly in my ears, fueling my fear. I shrieked myself, stumbling backwards as the train shuddered. I couldn't process anything as the panic spread through the passengers and myself.
There was a crack--
A boom pounded through my head--
Splintering pain stabbed my entire body and something knocked me to the ground--
And then nothing...I could remember anything else.

A/N: I'm sorry if you think it is a bit short, I am trying to complete a project for once and don't want to load a bunch of work onto myself! Just to say, I have yet to completely finish a project, so this one will be short, I apologize. Although, if this book is a success, I have a trilogy ready to thrust into action!

- HSA