Felix Felicis

Felix Felicis, also called "Liquid Luck", is a magical potion that makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, during which everything they attempt will be successful.

It is meant to be used sparingly, however, as it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence if taken in excess. Felix is highly toxic in large quantities and is also a banned substance in all organised competitions, such as Quidditch, along with all other methods of cheating. It is very difficult to make, disastrous if made wrong, and requires six months to stew before it is ready to be consumed.

History:

Zygmunt Budge invented this potion in the 16th century and deemed it his greatest accomplishment ever, dubbing it "the crowning achievement of [his] career.

This potion is said to greatly resemble molten gold, with droplets leaping out at intervals like goldfish soaring from their bowl.

Felix Felicis causes the drinker to have a limited period of good luck, during which they are likely to to succeed in all endeavours in which success is possible. They have a strong perception of this effect, including a high level of confidence and a "sensation of infinite opportunity." This is accomplished not through direct application of force or granting the drinker any extraordinary powers, but by inspiring the drinker with a favourable pathway through the circumstances.

Recipe:

1. Add Ashwinder egg to a cauldron, then add horseraddish and heat.

2. Juice a squill bulb, add to the cauldron and stir vigorously

3. Chop up anemone-like growth on the back of Murtlap, add to mixture and heat.

4. Add a dash of tincture of thyme and stir slowly.

5. Grind up Occamy eggshell and add to mixture.

6. Stir slowly then heat the cauldron.
Add a sprinkle of powdered common rue.

7. Stir vigorously then heat the cauldron one last time.

8. Wave wand over potion in a figure of eight and say incantation 'Felixempra!'