Poison Antidote (Golpalott's Third Law)

An antidote is an item, generally a potion, that will protect against or act as a remedy for specific ailments. Sometimes time is all that is needed for certain magical effect to wear off, such as in the case of Polyjuice Potion, but others require a special application to counteract such effects.

The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes.

Kinds of antidotes:

Antidote to Veritaserum: Disables the effects of Veritaserum.

Ashwinder eggs: Cures Malaria.

Bezoar: The stone from the stomach of a goat which cures most poisons.

Blood-Replenishing Potion: Replenishes blood loss after injury.

Bruise removal paste: Heals bruising.

Bubotuber pus: Cures persistent acne.

Burn-healing paste: Heals burns.

Cure for Boils: Heals boils and skin eruptions. Also counteracts the Furnunculus Curse.

Deflating Draught: Reverses swelling caused by spells, stings or other magical causes for inflation such as the effects of the Swelling Solution.

Dittany: Heals wounds and regrows skin.

Draught of Peace: Gives the drinker a feeling of peace and well-being, but if overdone it can put the drinker into a deep or even irreversible sleep.

Dreamless Sleep Potion: Temporarily calms emotional trauma.

Dr. Ubbly's Oblivious Unction: While the specific effects are unknown, this tincture seems to lessen mental or emotional scarring.

Elixir to Induce Euphoria: Temporarily lessens the effects of depression.

Glumbumble treacle: Counteracts the hysteria caused by eating Alihotsy leaves.

Hiccupping Solution: Cures hiccups.

Love Potion Antidote: Counteracts a Love Potion.

Mandrake Restorative Draught: Cures petrification.

Memory Potion: Restores memory or the ability to remember.

Mimbulus Mimbletonia: Cures shyness.

Murtlap Essence: A home remedy for cuts and abrasions.

Pepperup Potion: Cures the common cold or flu.

Phoenix tears: Like the bezoar, these tears can heal most fatal ailments.

Skele-Gro: Heals and mends broken bones, as well as regrows missing bones.

Sleeping Draught: Cures insomnia.

Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher: Removes facial blemishes.

Wiggenweld Potion: Reverses the effect of the Draught of Living Death.

Wolfsbane Potion: Temporarily lessens the effect of lycanthropy.

Wound-Healing Potion: Closes and heals open wounds.