11. 'True Friends'

MUMBAI:

Dev and Rahuwar got busy trying to defend their case over the next few of weeks. Each time Dev picked his cell phone, he would be tempted to dial Sonakshi's number, but resisted every time. Riya's words echoed in his mind. He was still ashamed of himself for not only ruining Sonakshi's trust in him, but also interfering in his friend's life. If only he had known that Ritwik had feelings for Sonakshi, he would have never tried to get closer to Sonakshi. Now it was too late...Sonakshi had penetrated his life and soul completely...he could not forget her that easily...he would never be the same without her.

Mishti came back from her business trips and decided to visit Dev one day.

"Aunty!" Mishti hugged Ishwari, "Dev kahan hai? Itney dino se usney koyi phone bhi nahin kiya...maana main London mein thi...par phone toh kar sakta tha..."

Ishwari told Mishti about the IT case and how deeply Raghuwar and Dev were involved with it.

"Par beta ek baat hai...ho sakta hai Dev tumhey bataa de...mujhey aisa lagta hai ki Dev ki life mein kuch aur bhi chal raha hai...yeh court case hi sab kuch nahin hai...tumharey uncle kisi ladki aur shaadi ki baat kar rahey the...Mishti please pataa lagao baat hai...mujhey toh wo bachpan se hi kuch nahin bataata..."

"Ladki? Shaadi? That is a new one aunty...phir toh pataa lagana padega...main abhi jaati hoon..."

Mishti looked for Dev everywhere, but finally found him in the study with a glass of scotch and a sad song playing on his CD player.

Mishti was shocked to see Dev in such a state. When the song finished, she snapped her fingers in front of Dev's eyes, "HULLO...MR DEV DEVDAS?"

Dev startled, "OH Mishti...tum kab aayi Europe se? So nice to see you.." Dev gave her a friendly hug and almost started crying.

Mishti looked up, "Dev? You are crying?"

Dev turned his head, "kuch nahin...bas shayad thak gaya hoon..."

Mishti walked around and faced him, "Thak gaya hoon?...I don't think so...kya sun rahe the tum abhi...haan... 'Humesha tumko chaha aur chaha kuch bhi nahiin'...wow...Mr Dev Dixit listening to something like that!" Tum Dev ho ya Devdas??

"Mishti you are reading too much into that song...aisa kuch nahin hai.."

"Jis Dev ko main jaanti hoon, wo kabhie kisi se haar nahin maanta...hamesha jeetna chahta hai...par yeh jo Dev mere saamne khada hai...sirf haara hua lag raha hai...Dev kya baat hai...I bet it is not that stupid IT case, is it?"

"Business mein toh aisa hota rehta hai...of course it is not that!" Dev tried to smile.

"Kya naam hai ladki ka?" Mishti asked

"Ladki? Tumhey kaise pata?"

"Dev...main tumhey tabsey jaanti hoon jab tum bolna bhi nahiin jante the...what do you expect?"

Dev finally smiled, "you are right Mishti...yaad hai tum ne mujhsey ek baar kaha tha ki jab tak mujhey pyaar nahin hota, tab tak main true love ki significance nahin samjhoonga..."

"So I am right? You are in love...toh phir yahan akele akele kyon ro rahe ho? Where is the lucky girl?"

"Lucky toh main tha Mishti kyonki wo meri zindagi mein aayi...par maine sab barbaad kar diya..."

Mishti held Dev's hand and said, "Dev...please tell me everything..."

Dev told her the whole story...right from his first day in Nainital to his visit to the Nainital Police Station and final conversation with Riya.

The Life Changing Betजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें