Chapter Two: A Dust keeper Guardian

After I leave the office, a thought came into my mind, ‘Wow, I can’t believe this. I thought this only happened in movies or storybooks.’

          “John, how did you find out that you could control time?” I asked him.

          “Um, I was just; keep on trying to figure it out? I don’t know really. It’s just, one day I realized I could control time.” John answered.

          “Okay, um, so, we’re here. Thanks for the crazy time with you and, Mom and Dad too. And I think Melanie was waiting for me.” I glanced at Melanie that was looking at me.

          “I think so. I’m not sure if she’s waiting for you or not.” John said, looking at Melanie seriously.

          “Why are you looking at her like that?”

          “Like what?” he stopped looking at her.

          “Looking at Melanie!” I answered. “It’s like Melanie is your worst enemy or something.”

          “You know what, it’s nothing.” John managed to smile.

          “Okay, bye John. You’re going to be late.” I said.

          “Yeah, right.” John alarmed. “Sorry, I need to hurry, bye Sam.” He rushed going to his room.

          I entered the room and came close to Melanie.

          “Melanie, do John and you have sort of problem to each other?” I asked her instantly.

          “Sam, I need to talk to you, but not right now. It’s kind of a big thing, you must know about me.” She replied.

          Before I could say anything, the bell rang and our teacher came in, then Melanie had gotten out and proceeds to her room.

          This teacher was unusual, I mean, I have seen her somewhere that I remember but it’s just not her. After she wrote her name at the board, I was shocked on what I had read, ‘Ms. Julie Andrews’. Now I remember, she’s the one at Dad’s office, but something is different about her appearance. And, how come she would be my subject teacher in Arts? Can I call 911? Barely not, because she’s a silver! I really smell something’s fishy around here. And her eyes just turn into silver disks! She’s scary and I’m dead.

          “Good afternoon class.” She said.

          “Good afternoon Ms. Andrews.” My entire classmate responded including me but, I felt my voice cracked. And we are seated.

         “Today, I will just give you a seat work and then, tomorrow we’re going to discuss it.” She said. “Ms. Peters,” she called.

          I stand up abruptly. “Yes Ms. Andrews?” I asked erratically.

          “Would you do me a favor? Can you please distribute these answer sheets to you fellow classmates, while I’m going to check your attendance.”

          “Okay Ms. Andrews.” I came forward and get the answer sheets, but I saw a letter above it. I gave it to Ms. Andrews, but she just gave it back to me.

          “I think it’s yours.” She said softly. I didn’t give a word, but instead I just distribute the sheets I had tasked to do.

          While I’m almost finish the work she had given me, she start calling out our names one by one.

          When I’m done, I noticed she didn’t call out my name. “Um, Ms. Andrews.” I raised my hand.