Her Worst Nightmare

Hey guys! So this is my new book, feel free to check out my other ones..

I know this book can be like "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", but I'm hopelessly in love with that show that I had to come up with a story similar to it!

This is the intro to the book and it is in third person but the rest of the book isn't. Sorry for the confusion..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Intro~

Ivy Cartel was the best detective 'California Los Angles Police Department Special Victims Unit' has ever had. She could make the victims feel safe, but she could also scare any attacker that made a threat. She was caring yet ruthless. No one dared to get in her way. She'd say jump, people would ask, 'How high?'. When she'd walk down the streets, people would cower away and hide in the buildings, afraid of what she could do. Ivy was used to this and didn't really mind. She's been alone since childhood, so being on her own was not something new.

Her parents were drug addicts and her older brother was never home to protect her from their fathers abuse. Yes, you heard it right. Ivy's dad abused her everyday of her life, but she always faught back. When she turned 18 and left that little town in Michigan, she never looked back. She was disowned by her mother and shunned by her older brother. She thought she wasn't wanted and ran off the Los Angles. That's where she found a women being attacked.

Ivy was walking around town looking for a motel when she heard screaming coming from the alleyway. Quickly making her way over there, she saw a man holding a women against the alleyway wall with a knife to the throat. She charged the man and after some struggle, pinned him down. With a swift blow to the head, he was knocked out. She turned towards the other women and found her crying. After helping the girl to the hospital, Ivy asked for her name. The women replied with Lucy. They soon became best friends. Lucy offered her savor a place to stay until she found an apartment.

After a few weeks, Ivy had gotten a job as a waitress at the diner around the corner from Lucy's. Ivy eventually got an apartment that was down the street from Lucy. After a couple months being on her own, Ivy wanted more with life than what she had. She talked to her best friend about it, and Lucy suggested going to the local Police Academy and checking it out.

Ivy fell in love with that career, and here we are today. Ivy specialized in 'Special Victims Unit', after realizing she was a best fit there. After completing her time at the Academy, she applied for the job. She got the job in a heart beat, seeing as one of the other employees had just retired. When Ivy met her partner, she was defiantly surprised. Instead of an old man like she was expecting, she saw a gentlemen around the same age as her, if not older. They were both in their mid twenties and new to the job. 'Great.' Ivy thought when she first met him.

Sam Johnson had been at his job for about a year, when his partner retired. He thought he would have to be on his own for a while before they found a replacement. Not even a week after his old partner left, his boss told him his new partner was here. After giving her a once over, he new she was new to the job and didn't like this idea. His boss talked him into it and after going to a couple calls with her, he actually accepted her. They were the best partners that firm has ever seen. They always had each others back and were there for each other to the end.

Sams back ground isn't anything bad. He had wealthy parents up state and was raised the right way. He new his boundaries and he had morals. But when Sam kept getting closer to Ivy, he couldn't help but feel something different. Something he has never felt before.

What happens when Ivy disappears for weeks and they send out a search party? What happens when they find her and she's not the same?

Read 'Her Worst Nightmare', and find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~