1 - Run.

It was like the neighborhood had marked the time when Faridatu's voice will echo through the estate.

And also, it's like the kids are hyper active at that hour.

6:56, it showed on the wall clock of the biggest living room where Najat was seated on the three seater as a cartoon aired on tv.

Her older brother Umar, had just come home for the weekends. He sat adjacent to his five year old sister and decently answered her random questions on his studies; pilotage.

They were the only two quiet, set-back, angels who did not take part in irritating their mother at the moment, the moment which is about to unfold.

" I will smack the living devil inside of you if you do not let him have the eraser! " Faridatu, mother of six roared from across the hallway.

Nabiha didn't relent, her mommy's words flushed out the other ear as she smacked the back of her seven year old brother.

That, ignited a dragon in their home.

It was always like this, it was a laid down rule that by 7:00, immediately after magrib prayer, they'd all walk to the study room and do their homeworks.

You see, their mother was a disciplined shuwa woman.

Like normal kids, fights always happen there and here and always over a pencil or eraser which the other sibling had deliberately took.

Faridatu had gone into the room and smacked Usman's shaved head after threatening to not buy Nabiha who just turned ten a day ago, the new gadget she craved.

Heaving an exasperated sigh, Faridatu wondered aloud to herself. 'don't blame them, they don't come from the same father'.

Even Najat wasn't saved from the dragon that night.

She got carried away watching the little charmers on tv that it didn't cross her mind to get up and attend to her book.

And so, she came after her and just as she was about to raise her voice, she remembered.

It's been a week and some days since she left. Their sister wasn't here to stop her.

Their darling, oh so grown up sister wasnt here to tell her off.

But nonetheless, even she, their savior was never spared.

+++

" Hamida give me your phone, I'd charge it for you while you go on, have a rest, nap, food will be served." The elderly woman whose about forty-five or so, rubbed Hamida's back in comfort as a girl came into the living room.

" okay Aunty Lami." She murmured.

" oh, Amira, please take my daughter to your room, provide for her anything she needs ". Hamida turned to the girl whose well being is entrusted with.

She was skinny and taller than her by a few inches with hooded eyes. A veil hang around her neck. Overall, Hamida's first impression of her wasn't pleasant.

The scowl on Amira's face did not vanish as she padded forward and picked up the two heavy luggage that was dropped in just a moment ago by the chauffeur.

She took a quick glance at Hamida before walking into a narrow corner that led to a situated staircase.

Hamida trailed farther behind as she presumed Amira to be a maid because of the odor of garlic that radiated from her body.