Chapter 10 DRAKE

I'm standing near the altar waiting patiently for my bride when Celine Dion walked towards the podium to sing our wedding song. This gotta be good since it's a multi-platinum, award winning singer will do the honors of rendering our suppose to be theme song. Plus the tremendous talent fee, of course.

I'm on the middle of my excitement for the wonderful upcoming song when the hymn starts. Wait, that sounds very familiar to me. I see our guests gasp and some even wear a very surprised look. Hmnn, fishy. It's either this is going to be very good or a disaster but I'm opting for the first one. No woman would ransack her own wedding. Like seriously, women loves weddings and all the love cliché that comes along with it.

And then Celine stars to sing. . .

Every night in my dream,
I see you, I feel you. . .

I'm like, what the fuck? I'm not an actor so obviously my face looks like I've had straight shots of whisky which earns a few snickering from my audience and of course my family included. Most of the guests exchange their own speculations to each other. The wedding is a carnival and I'm the clown!

Damn you, Violet Smith!

I'm killing Via inside my head in a thousand different ways when the double doors open and reveals my bride. An angel descended in the church due to complete silence.

Why?

A goddess is walking on the aisle. An anxious, venomous than vampire goddess. Even so, still, a very awe strikingly beautiful bride. The billions worth of gown doesn't even compare to her beauty, the sparkling diamonds isn't even close to her radiance. I'm beyond shock, tongue-tied and. . .  Aroused? 

Fritz murmurs beside me, "Breathe Bro. Never seen anyone sweep you off your feet even with the unique choice of song. Very interesting."

"Shut up. She doesn't affect me in any way." I hiss at him without taking my eyes off of my bride. She's mesmerizing.

"Hmnn. Of course, Bro. Preach all you want. I guess I'm sticking out here a lil' bit longer." 

I give him a side glance and sigh. This is getting out of hand and more complicated. I must hold myself together. "Suit yourself, Bro." I tell him sarcastically in which he answers with a slight chuckle.

I swear I will make Via. . . Pay. My mind totally zeroed out for a second there when I look at her again and caught her looking at her daddy lovingly. God! I want her to look at me like that. 

For Christ's sake Drake, pull your head out of the clouds. I shake my head slightly to revitalize myself again as I keep on lecturing my own self. This is absurd. She's just one woman, the very woman you never want to control you, a woman like your mother. 

Yeah right! I'm absolutely right!

I return again my gaze to her direction this time with firm resolve. 

Dickhead! Where's the resolve?

I fight and argue with myself as lock my eyes with her. This time she finally can see me. God forbid! She's very, very. . .

"Remember, Bro. Breathe." Fritz says it again. I see Via look at my bestfriend and smiles meaningfully like she finds a confidante in him.

But my mind is out of control now as I look at her stand a few inches away from me, she hugs her daddy affectionately. I didn't know that this vexing woman is capable of. Then she cries. That does it. I'm paralyzed. I couldn't move, not even blink. This woman is simply breathtaking. Her scent overwhelms me, I stand there looking at her but not really as I fight for control. I feel my ailment trying to resurface from her smell. Her blood is making me crazy. I can't loose it here. I can stop time but only the humans will be susceptible to it. Half of the guests are vampires, they can't know about her.